UConn Receives Historic Gift To Support New Student-Athlete Success Center | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Receives Historic Gift To Support New Student-Athlete Success Center

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
As you stated Robert Burton didn't go to UConn and I don't think he had anywhere near the type of money this article is stating Trisha Bailey has.

It's strange to me we would have a 45 year old woman who played sports at UConn who is worth $650-700 million and is on her way to being a billionaire and we never heard of her. That net worth would put her at like the 5th or 6th richest black woman in the world according to Forbes and they don't have her on the list.

It's incredibly rare for people to have that kind of money and for it to go unnoticed. It's an amazing story I'm just surprised it seems she's gone so under the radar as an alum and there is so little information about her wealth on the internet.
The part about ppl that rich rarely going unnoticed is not true. There are quite a few ppl with net worths that would make Forbes’ list that are not on their radar.

It’s also not like they’re just adding up public bank statements to figure out who’s who. They’re trying to analyze who owns what percentage of what and how much that might be worth for often private companies and investments without necessarily a clear metric for valuation. So, it’s a pretty murky science. For most who would qualify for the list, it’s very different than Elon, Zuckerberg and Bezos where the biggest portion of their net worth is public.

Reaction Score
Never want to hear a bad word about cutting Track & Field ever again!
Thanks Trisha!

or Title 9. Kudos to UCONN's "Human Development" degree program. I can't wait for her book to come out, amazing story.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like she owns a few businesses, the largest of which is medical supplies - with numerous retail stores in Florida.

Seems like a lucrative business - but never thought a business like that would be something to get you to $500M+. Some are saying she’s close to a billion.

Maybe it’s the commercial real estate side that’s made her so wealthy.

Reaction Score
Seems like she owns a few businesses, the largest of which is medical supplies - with numerous retail stores in Florida.

Seems like a lucrative business - but never thought a business like that would be something to get you to $500M+. Some are saying she’s close to a billion.

Maybe it’s the commercial real estate side that’s made her so wealthy.
Medical sales during Covid you could print cash trying to get limited available ventilators to hospitals in need. Not sure that's the main reason for her wealth but she could've seen and uptick in the last 3 years of she already had a decent share of the global business.

Reaction Score
I graduated from the same school at UConn. But in 1975 it was named "Home Economics."

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
UConn needs to do a better job connecting with its alumni base, they also need to do a much better job recognizing donors. Before this donation she gave 100k/year for 5 years and she had a day where she had her family on campus and the only press about it is deep on her public facing instagram.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
As you stated Robert Burton didn't go to UConn and I don't think he had anywhere near the type of money this article is stating Trisha Bailey has.

It's strange to me we would have a 45 year old woman who played sports at UConn who is worth $650-700 million and is on her way to being a billionaire and we never heard of her. That net worth would put her at like the 5th or 6th richest black woman in the world according to Forbes and they don't have her on the list.

It's incredibly rare for people to have that kind of money and for it to go unnoticed. It's an amazing story I'm just surprised it seems she's gone so under the radar as an alum and there is so little information about her wealth on the internet.

I have little doubt she's wealthy. But I've come to understand that a lot of wealthy people think their net worth is whatever they say it is.

Reaction Score
I have little doubt she's wealthy. But I've come to understand that a lot of wealthy people think their net worth is whatever they say it is.
I didn't want to detract from her story because it's an amazing story of an entrepreneurial black woman rising from poverty to ultra successful but it just didn't make sense to me when I read the articles listing her net worth.

The little I dug it just doesn't add up that she's the fifth wealthiest black woman in the world and soon to be a billionaire.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some just state their net worth... Others back it up with philanthropic donations.
Exactly. I don’t think that check is bouncing. Fascinating that some people felt the need to question and check up on her, isn’t it?

Reaction Score
Exactly. I don’t think that check is bouncing. Fascinating that some people felt the need to question and check up on her, isn’t it?
You don't think it's worth looking into our soon to be billionaire alum who we all just heard about for the first time on this board?

She just made the largest ever donation to athletics and her net worth makes her the 5th richest black woman in the world, I find it really strange fans here wouldn't look into her. I've looked into Skinner, Marc D'Amelio and others who are seriously involved in UConn athletics/bball program and they certainly were never reported on as being soon to be billionaires.

What's fascinating about looking into her?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don't think it's worth looking into our soon to be billionaire alum who we all just heard about for the first time on this board?

She just made the largest ever donation to athletics and her net worth makes her the 5th richest black woman in the world, I find it really strange fans here wouldn't look into her. I've looked into Skinner, Marc D'Amelio and others who are seriously involved in UConn athletics/bball program and they certainly were never reported on as being soon to be billionaires.

What's fascinating about looking into her?
I’m glad you’re on the case. For my part, I’m grateful for her generosity and happy for her success as an alumna.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom