UConn Receives Historic Gift To Support New Student-Athlete Success Center | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Receives Historic Gift To Support New Student-Athlete Success Center

Reaction Score
You don't think it's worth looking into our soon to be billionaire alum who we all just heard about for the first time on this board?

She just made the largest ever donation to athletics and her net worth makes her the 5th richest black woman in the world, I find it really strange fans here wouldn't look into her. I've looked into Skinner, Marc D'Amelio and others who are seriously involved in UConn athletics/bball program and they certainly were never reported on as being soon to be billionaires.

What's fascinating about looking into her?

I’m glad you’re on the case. For my part, I’m grateful for her generosity and happy for her success as an alumna.
Yeah I agree with @CL82 I don't think on the the board get the need to vet Marc Damelio's popularity or meet worth...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I agree with @CL82 I don't think on the the board get the need to vet Marc Damelio's popularity or meet worth...
Yep. I note that no one felt the need to post that they were skeptical about his net worth.

Reaction Score
Yep. I note that no one felt the need to post that they were skeptical about his net worth.
There aren't articles saying he's worth $600-750 million dollars and soon to be a billionaire.

When I first found out about Marc D'Amelio and his daughters and his devotion to UConn sports I dug up everything I could about him and his daughters net worth. Same with Robert Skinner, Peter Werth, Dan Toscano...It's been a topic of conversation here about money for UConn athletics and our lack of incredibly wealthy alumni/donors compared to other schools.

I don't understand how any of this is fascinating, enlighten me.

CL82

Reaction Score
There aren't articles saying he's worth $600-750 million dollars and soon to be a billionaire.

When I first found out about Marc D'Amelio and his daughters and his devotion to UConn sports I dug up everything I could about him and his daughters net worth. Same with Robert Skinner, Peter Werth, Dan Toscano...It's been a topic of conversation here about money for UConn athletics and our lack of incredibly wealthy alumni/donors compared to other schools.

I don't understand how any of this is fascinating, enlighten me.
Apparently, you do. You felt the need to try to ascertain whether her stated net worth was accurate and then report your skepticism on The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Apparently, you do. You felt the need to try to ascertain whether her stated net worth was accurate and then report your skepticism on The Boneyard.
Apparently I do what?

You're the one who found it fascinating I looked her up. Is it also fascinating I've looked up our other incredibly wealthy alums/donors who are into UConn basketball to see what their net worth is and how they got that money?

I find her story incredibly compelling and wondered why it's the first time she's been mentioned on this board since we've had so many posts about our lack of incredibly wealthy alums/donors compared to other schools.

Reading the articles surrounding her donation I looked her up and found it bizarre she's not listed on any of the net worth lists and that there hasn't been a bunch of mainstream news articles about one of the richest black women in the world who is well on her way to being the next Oprah financially. Oprah is about the most compelling story we have in modern times going from her background to where she is now.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
Apparently I do what?

You're the one who found it fascinating I looked her up. Is it also fascinating I've looked up our other incredibly wealthy alums/donors who are into UConn basketball to see what their net worth is and how they got that money?

I find her story incredibly compelling and wondered why it's the first time she's been mentioned on this board since we've had so many posts about our lack of incredibly wealthy alums/donors compared to other schools.

Reading the articles surrounding her donation I looked her up and found it bizarre she's not listed on any of the net worth lists and that there hasn't been a bunch of mainstream news articles about one of the richest black women in the world who is well on her way to being the next Oprah financially. Oprah is about the most compelling story we have in modern times going from her background to where she is now.
Uh huh. Well, thank you for sharing your research. It was fascinating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom