UConn RB Devontae Houston is toughness personified, and he’s inspiring his team (Courant) | The Boneyard

UConn RB Devontae Houston is toughness personified, and he’s inspiring his team (Courant)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

->When he was 7 years old, growing up in Roanoke, Alabama, UConn running back Devontae Houston would run sprints in his yard. His grandfather sat to the side clocking him.

“He was like, [You’re] gonna have to be the fastest and the toughest because [you’re] not gonna get any bigger,’” Houston said Tuesday. “At seven I’m like, ‘What do you mean I’m not gonna get any bigger? I’m definitely gonna get bigger than I am.’ But I just didn’t really get any bigger.” <-

-> “It’s awesome,” Mora said, a smile growing across his face. “People that are questioning whether or not they can play or if they have a little pain – they just felt, shoot there’s this guy that’s 5-8, 165, taking massive hits, has had a bad shoulder, has a bad ankle and he’s out there practicing and he’s out there running the ball during the game, getting smashed. And he just keeps getting up and going again. I think as a team, that when you have a guy like that, that you take pride in him and being his teammate and it helps the overall kind of pride of your team.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom