UConn ratings leader for AAC | The Boneyard

UConn ratings leader for AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This:
One thing is clear is that UConn is the TV draw of the American Conference when it comes to basketball and is the main identity and strength of the conference. The Huskies also packed the Amway Center attendance-wise.

It the biggest property Mike Aresco and the American has and it is one of the reasons why UConn is at the top of list for expansion if the Big 12 decides to expand to 12 teams.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'd be curious to know the football ratings for us as well. We tend to draw bigger crowds than many realize on TV

Drew

Reaction Score
Also I am fairly certain the UConn/Cinci basketball game was the highest viewed CBB game of the week last week

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not just ratings but attendance -
UConn nation showed up in droves with numerous former players and alumni filling the Amway Center stands. For the semifinals on Saturday and the championship game on Sunday, the building opened up the upper bowl. LINK

Regarding ratings:
It is worth keeping in mind the American Championship game the last two years went head to head against the Big Ten title game which airs on CBS. Still the American ranked as the fifth-most viewed conference championship game and had more viewers than power-5 conference Pac-12 and more viewers then the Big East despite the fact the Big East aired on FOX television. LINK

We carry the water for the AAC, although you'll never hear that from Aresco.

Drew

Reaction Score
Also I am fairly certain the UConn/Cinci basketball game was the highest viewed CBB game of the week last week

can't find the tweet from earlier but there was a graphic that showed this to be true

EDIT: Might be the highest "peak" viewership rating

Reaction Score
Big 12...2.4 million viewers

1.5 final rating

AAC had 1.5 million viewers

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sunday audience is much smaller than a Saturday evening-into-prime-time audience - it did about a 1.3 final rating which is somewhat remarkable given that it was up against two other championships on over-the-air networks.

Unfortunately for our visitors hoping to prove otherwise, the fact that UConn draws eyeballs is actually a fact.

Reaction Score
I know in the grand scheme of things one win or loss should not a difference make, but I wonder how a big win by UCONN over KU would influence decision makers in Lawrence, Kansas? Would they welcome the increased competition that comes with The Huskies joining The B12, or would they shy away from another school challenging their dominance over the league?

Reaction Score
I wonder how a big win by UCONN over KU would influence decision makers in Lawrence, Kansas? Would they welcome the increased competition that comes with The Huskies joining The B12, or would they shy away from another school challenging their dominance over the league?
Not even close. They would happily welcome UConn as another competitive member and huge TV draw for whatever network evolves. Would we shy away from Duke joining the AAC?

Reaction Score
I know in the grand scheme of things one win or loss should not a difference make, but I wonder how a big win by UCONN over KU would influence decision makers in Lawrence, Kansas? Would they welcome the increased competition that comes with The Huskies joining The B12, or would they shy away from another school challenging their dominance over the league?

Our luck we upset them and then KU vehemently opposes us because of it but won't say that publicly and we don't get in.

Reaction Score
Different day makes a huge difference. Don't let the fact get in your way though.

Don't be a wipe...the guy asked a question. Asked and answered.

No opinion attached....just the number he asked for.

Reaction Score
Not even close. They would happily welcome UConn as another competitive member and huge TV draw for whatever network evolves. Would we shy away from Duke joining the AAC?

Agree. Kansas is the #1 basketball team in the XII year in and year out by far. Having a quality program like UConn in the league, while it may hurt their record slightly, would be a big boost to their exposure and ratings. Going to -to-toe with UConn 1 to 3 times a year may also help them better prepare for the Dance.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nobody watches FOX. The PAC and Big East are better suited airing their games on Public Access.

Big Ten Title game: Michigan State vs Purdue — 3.1 million estimated on CBS
SEC Title game: Kentucky vs Texas A&M — 2.893 million on ESPN
ACC Title game: North Carolina vs Virginia — 2.813 million on ESPN
Big 12 Title game: Kansas vs West Virginia — 2.42 million on ESPN
American Title game: UConn vs Memphis — 1.532 million on ESPN
Big East Title game
: Villanova vs Seton Hall — 1.3 million on FOX
Pac-12 Title game: Oregon vs Utah — 388,000 on FS1

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I read this right, CBS moved UConn-KU in to the primetime slot for Saturday. They aren't doing that for KU-Colorado.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If I read this right, CBS moved UConn-KU in to the primetime slot for Saturday. They aren't doing that for KU-Colorado.

Yup. And UConn/KU was chosen for the primetime slot...not Kentucky/Indiana. I'm sure the fine folks at Navigate and BHV have noticed this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom