UConn - Quinnipiac Game Stream | The Boneyard

UConn - Quinnipiac Game Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not for me... and the WHUS radio feed isn't synched.
WQUN streams on TuneIn Radio, but not synched very well.

Husky25

Reaction Score
2-1 now, but bobcat goal is under review...
And...?
It's a goal.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Must have a slow feed --- WQUN is way ahead of video stream. Oh well back to WHUS. Thx tho
I'm mostly listening. And going to the video when I hear a raise in the announcer's voice. It's not as annoying then. I brought home my work Computer because I have something due tomorrow (Even after hours, I'm procrastinating). I have the UConn game on my home laptop.

Husky25

Reaction Score
3-1 UConn. QU is shuffling goaltenders.
Nice goal. Pass taken from behind the net into the slot and UConn hit the wrister.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
They really look solid tonight. Do is strong and is doi g a great job of pushing QU off the puck.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's the refresh rate or the camera... panning from side to side is way jerkey. Still, can't complain too much cause it's free and our boys are up. Keep it up Huskies!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we just scored an empty-netter. Ignorance is bliss for the cameraman.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Big win tonight! Who says UCONN would drag down B1G hockey???

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Good effort by the Huskies tonight! My first UConn hockey game - I was impressed with the level of play.

I was right next to the QU penalty box. We thought the QU goal was kicked in. I heckled he game officials a bit but they said their was "no kicking motion". I could not see how the puck moved other then hitting the QU players blade.

It is always frustrating when you pay money to see a game, but you are not allowed to see a replay of any close call. We got one look at it then the refs looked at it for 2 minutes & declared it a goal. We never go another look. This irritates me to no end. If you are going to review the play & "get the call right". Why do I have to call home to find out what happened. Another reason not to buy a ticket.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Those of us at home didn't get a replay either and the camera work looked like it was done via remote control. Missed the EN Goal and couple of QU plays at the end of the 2nd period.

One thing is for certain however. QU has some quality hockey radio announcers on WQUN. The radio and video was not in sync but it was a fun listen.

Reaction Score
Good effort by the Huskies tonight! My first UConn hockey game - I was impressed with the level of play.

I was right next to the QU penalty box. We thought the QU goal was kicked in. I heckled he game officials a bit but they said their was "no kicking motion". I could not see how the puck moved other then hitting the QU players blade.

It is always frustrating when you pay money to see a game, but you are not allowed to see a replay of any close call. We got one look at it then the refs looked at it for 2 minutes & declared it a goal. We never go another look. This irritates me to no end. If you are going to review the play & "get the call right". Why do I have to call home to find out what happened. Another reason not to buy a ticket.

Coaches were shaking their heads in disbelief on the goal. It took forever to decide and clearly there was something to look at. Players were convinced it was kicked but fortunately didn't fall apart after the call went against them.

This was a good game for UConn. The first goal was big because Q was pressuring and getting chances. They were also more physical. We were a little shaky early with the puck throwing it around in a semi-panic and needed to settle down. We did that by the end of the period on both ends.

In the second period the early Q soccer goal was tough and Q came at us hard. Some good goaltending and a few muffs by Q forwards helped us early. Their PP was out of sync and it hurt them because they had way too many PP's. Refereeing was poor, maybe not intentionally but it hurt us more than once. Fortunately we were skating hard and starting to pressure in their end. By then end of the second we were having the better of the play.

Third was just a dogfight and we hung right with them and kept skating, only now we were playing more confidently and with an edge to our game. Passing picked up as the game went on and I was convinced by the middle of the period if we could stay out of the box we win the game. Nice open net at the end to seal it. We won this game because of a great effort by the kids. I don't know all the players but I will soon. They deserve to be recognized after games like this.

Reaction Score
Other obervations:

Our second goal was a misplay by their goalie Gerling pounced on for a 2-0 lead.

The 2 minute penalty on UConn and 2 to Q for the same player diving was as dumb as anything I've ever seen. There was no penalty just a dive.

Great work on the boards by Ronan to set up Kirtland for 3-1 lead at about 7:50 left.

Q's looks off on another PP and we finish strong after that. We hit the crossbar late or it's 4-1.

More Q PP's of course in the third like the early whistle on a scramble in front of their net and we come out of it with a penalty instead. Frustrating.

Not a big crowd and pretty quiet until the end. Wasn't surprised by ours but Quinnipac should have outnumbered us by 3-1 at least. It was more like even between the two so I guess they like their arena a lot more than traveling a short distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom