UConn QB commit Tyler Davis threw for 143 yards & 2 TDs, ran for 373 and 3 TDs in win | The Boneyard

UConn QB commit Tyler Davis threw for 143 yards & 2 TDs, ran for 373 and 3 TDs in win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Dual option threat QB. Davis is our future at QB. Big kid, good speed and athleticism. Born leader too - follow him and Murphy on Twitter and they are really rallying the recruiting efforts for UCONN. Davis looks like a very raw Colin Kaepernick type of QB on film. Obviously he has a TON of work to do to approach the kind of success Kaepernick has had but the body frame and tools are there. VERY excited about adding him to our depth chart next year!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
373 Rushing yards WOW!
That is a big number regardless of competition - the dual QB is coming back to the UConn arsenal in 2015 is my uneducated guess - whether Davis, Shireffs, or Boyle.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Fair reporting -

Davis did throw 3 picks out of 20 attempts...uh oh
He might also be the punter - 5 punts in first 2 games none in latest game.

Reaction Score
It does make you wonder, if Davis (a dual threat QB) was their top QB, what type of offense Diaco and company are planning for the future.

Reaction Score
It does make you wonder, if Davis (a dual threat QB) was their top QB, what type of offense Diaco and company are planning for the future.

No need to wonder, he wants QB's who can run. Think ND's offense with Everett Golson.

Reaction Score
He coached at places other than ND and none were known for having running QBs. He had Golston one year. It might be the way he wants to go, but everything he has said about O to date does not scream running QB. While the D is coming in to form, I do wonder what the O will utlimately look like when he gets his pieces in place.

Reaction Score
Tyler Davis is going to enroll in January and be there for spring practice, per TOS and his twitter page
wow thats awesome. that gives him extra semester of practice time and strength conditioning-I'm almost sure he'll redshirt in 2015 too. If all goes well-he'll be the starter heading into his redshirt sophomore year in 2017 when Boyle graduates.

Reaction Score
wow thats awesome. that gives him extra semester of practice time and strength conditioning-I'm almost sure he'll redshirt in 2015 too. If all goes well-he'll be the starter heading into his redshirt sophomore year in 2017 when Boyle graduates.

Forget about that man I want to see him starting this time next year and at the Heisman Dinner December 2015

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen this kid? Are we getting a tyler lorenzen or is this kid a try qb? Just wonder if his long term prospects are at qb based on a 300 yard runner who is 6'5"

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen this kid? Are we getting a tyler lorenzen or is this kid a try qb? Just wonder if his long term prospects are at qb based on a 300 yard runner who is 6'5"

If he is another Tyler Lorenzen or Tim Tebow type we should all be doing cartwheels. Watching his videos he does run a lot like Tyler so there is hope.

Reaction Score
He coached at places other than ND and none were known for having running QBs. He had Golston one year. It might be the way he wants to go, but everything he has said about O to date does not scream running QB. While the D is coming in to form, I do wonder what the O will utlimately look like when he gets his pieces in place.

He has recruited 2 option QB's so far. Speaks volumes to me.

Reaction Score

Perhaps he is recruiting with the knowledge that fixing the OL is a very long term project . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom