UConn @ Providence 2/12/16 & Providence @ UConn 2/13/16. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Providence 2/12/16 & Providence @ UConn 2/13/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnMHOC 7:16pm via TweetDeck
Final from @XLCenter Providence gets the weekend sweep over the Huskies#IceBus
CbIlWVjW4AAX_cV.jpg

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Maine or Merrimack garbage teams will they beat their opponents tonight BC and Notre Dame? Probably not. Will Uconn beat PC ? Probably not. Will UConn finish in 10th or 11th place like I predicated? Unfortunately probably yes. Does it really matter where the cellar dwellers of HE finish 9 through 12? No, they should be lucky the conference format allows for every team to make the playoffs and guarantee's every team two extra games games to play every year. You never know a team could catch fire during the playoffs etc.... which makes for excitement.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Reaction Score
That Providence team is the most skilled club I've seen in a while. Wow. Good game big crowd but much less into it than some I thought.

Reaction Score
Not sure UConn is going to ever (or anytime soon) be able to build a top 10 program as long as Providence, Qunnipiac, and Yale remain this good. It was bad enough having BC and BU in the backyard but these 3 as top ten programs as well? Not gonna be easy.

Reaction Score
If you have a good coach and can sell a kid that you can play in front of 4-7 K fans most nights, they can build up. It's not going to be easy though. 4-5 years at least to build up to the upper tier consistently.

This is not a comment that is wanting arguments over home ice rinks or whether or not Cavanaugh is a good coach - I'm just saying that there are ways in the future we can compete, absolutely.

But immediately, well hell no of course not.

Reaction Score
That Providence team is the most skilled club I've seen in a while. Wow. Good game big crowd but much less into it than some I thought.
Almost 7K, I had to move from my season tix in 113 to up top since I was bringing the wife and 2 kids. the top was pretty packed where I was in 225, very impressed.
Problem with the crowd not really being into is is that we probably didn't get a quality shot until the 3rd period. I don't count shots from the blue line that get caught face-high by the goalie as a good scoring attempt.
It's not like we lost 6-5. Place wanted to get jumping but couldn't.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-hockey-providence-0214-20160213-story.html

6,828. Still in 3rd for home game attendance. UConn MUST finish 1st
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php
UML: 5,452 (2 more home games against UMASS and BC)
BC: 5,235. (1 more home game against UML)
UConn: 5,125. (2 more home games against NU and UNH)

UConn is now in 1st for HE conference home games:
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/coattend.php
UConn: 5,702
UML:5,644
BC:5,202

UConn has to be 1st again in home games. It needs to be a record we keep while UConn is in hockey east.
2014/2015: 5,396 5,879(conference)

Currently 13th in the nation.
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/almanac/attendance.php

10th last year
http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2014-2015/

Brought my family for the 1st time as well last night. Went to salute afterwards. Great night. Cold, but at least a point out of the wknd woulda been nice. Let's pack the place on Friday.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...ntext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=HS&cgc=

Reaction Score
Love Salute, guy who runs the place is outstanding, great food good atmosphere....and one of the waiters use to work at the Fed like 15 years ago when I was a regular.

Reaction Score
Almost 7K, I had to move from my season tix in 113 to up top since I was bringing the wife and 2 kids. the top was pretty packed where I was in 225, very impressed.
Problem with the crowd not really being into is is that we probably didn't get a quality shot until the 3rd period. I don't count shots from the blue line that get caught face-high by the goalie as a good scoring attempt.
It's not like we lost 6-5. Place wanted to get jumping but couldn't.
I was in 225 Too. With my wife and med school daughter

Reaction Score
If you have a good coach and can sell a kid that you can play in front of 4-7 K fans most nights, they can build up. It's not going to be easy though. 4-5 years at least to build up to the upper tier consistently.

This is not a comment that is wanting arguments over home ice rinks or whether or not Cavanaugh is a good coach - I'm just saying that there are ways in the future we can compete, absolutely.

But immediately, well hell no of course not.
But it does underscore the absolute need of a new facility - whether that be in Hartford or Storrs isn't the argument I'm making. PC recently renovated Schneider and it's now a quality facility, QU's arena is on par with the best in Hockey East, and the Yale Whale is a classic. This in addition to stellar facilities at the top HE schools, even Conte has seen some improvements recently - it puts XL far behind those places from a recruiting perspective. That's before we consider Lowell having a better rink, UNH pumping some money into improving the Whit, UVM considering a new arena, and NU and Maine having the classic charm argument. The only Hockey East facilities XL is decidedly better than are Merrimack, UVM, and UMass. Even Harvard renovated their rink recently. UConn needs improved facilities very, very quickly if they're going to continue competing on the recruiting trail in HE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom