OT: - UConn President to resign | The Boneyard

OT: UConn President to resign

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn’s current president, Tom Katsouleas, has informed the university that he will be resigning shortly. Katsouleas, who was hired from UVA in 2019, has struggled with UConn’s budget deficit and dealing with the pandemic, like many college presidents around the country. No word at this early stage in the process on a possible replacement.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don’t remember him being under duress or fire over the Covid situation and he inherited the deficit situation so did something trigger these conversations recently that I have been oblivious to? In other words is there a set of articles or commentary from sources on your comments or are your comments your own speculation? Just curious a you posted no link.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
UConn’s current president, Tom Katsouleas, has informed the university that he will be resigning shortly. Katsouleas, who was hired from UVA in 2019, has struggled with UConn’s budget deficit and dealing with the pandemic, like many college presidents around the country. No word at this early stage in the process on a possible replacement.
You guys have got it wrong. He is doing the right thing.

Have you forgotten, already, that the UCONN Lady Huskies did not win the National Championship?

What option does he have?

Reaction Score
I am not a conspiracy theory nut. That said, I guarantee there is a back story we haven't heard and a landing spot waiting to be announced.

Exactly.

I call people who deny conspiracy "coincidence nuts" :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t remember him being under duress or fire over the Covid situation and he inherited the deficit situation so did something trigger these conversations recently that I have been oblivious to? In other words is there a set of articles or commentary from sources on your comments or are your comments your own speculation? Just curious a you posted no link.
I received an update from the Courant that mentioned the budget deficit and pandemic. Subsequently, the Courant put out a more detailed article citing various issues between Katsouleas and the Board of Trustees including a disagreement over tuition.

In addition, the Courant indicated that Katsouleas was frustrated in his efforts to expand research funding at UConn as well as “high labor costs.” I wonder if the high labor costs had anything to do with Geno’s salary?

Reaction Score
I received an update from the Courant that mentioned the budget deficit and pandemic. Subsequently, the Courant put out a more detailed article citing various issues between Katsouleas and the Board of Trustees including a disagreement over tuition.

In addition, the Courant indicated that Katsouleas was frustrated in his efforts to expand research funding at UConn as well as “high labor costs.” I wonder if the high labor costs had anything to do with Geno’s salary?
More likely the lack of a shut down guard.

Reaction Score
A little more detail here...
Amazing how the gifted few can take on a job and quit so soon and still land in a $330,000 a year comfort zone. ;)
I'm not denying his educational value but going in did he not research what he was in for here?

Another view on what it takes to do the job. Very long read but insightful of the situation... Trying to see both sides of the story here.

Reaction Score
Question always exit, should a great coach be payed more than a great scholastic educator. The coach, if a winner, brings exposure to the team & university. usually increasing more student qualified candidates & in many cases increased revenue. A school may have less exposure in sports, but a exceptional curriculum because of great educators with associated working programs ?

Reaction Score
Bob Caslon may be interested - he was born in Connecticut and spent some early years there. I was good friends with Bob’s brother who was the only sibling that did not attend a military academy. The brother I knew graduated from CCSU. I also knew Bob since he dated my sister in high school. That said I doubt he and I share the same views

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Bob Caslon may be interested - he was born in Connecticut and spent some early years there. I was good friends with Bob’s brother who was the only sibling that did not attend a military academy. The brother I knew graduated from CCSU. I also knew Bob since he dated my sister in high school. That said I doubt he and I share the same views
I hope they don't entertain that option; I definitely made the suggestion, tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
I hope they don't entertain that option; I definitely made the suggestion, tongue in cheek.
I knew it was tongue in cheek but thought few on the Boneyard knew he was born in Connecticut. I also thought it interesting that there was a reference on the Boneyard to someone I knew over 50 years ago in Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I knew it was tongue in cheek but thought few on the Boneyard knew he was born in Connecticut. I also thought it interesting that there was a reference on the Boneyard to someone I knew over 50 years ago in Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
I didn't know he was born in Connecticut before your post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom