UConn preps for SU's Fast & Furious Offense (M.Anthony) | The Boneyard

UConn preps for SU's Fast & Furious Offense (M.Anthony)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
UConn Prepares For Syracuse's Fast And Furious Offense

>>Yes, the Orange move that fast. They run more plays than anyone in FBS, averaging 93 a game through three games. Last week against South Florida, Syracuse ran 105 plays, setting a program record and matching an Atlantic Coast Conference record.

>>Saturday's game between the Huskies and Orange at Rentschler Field brings a fascinating contrast in styles. UConn averages 66 plays a game, 88th out of 128 FBS teams.

Basically, UConn wants to take a strong hold of the field and tilt it until it can push Syracuse off the back edge. Syracuse wants to shake up the field like an Etch A Sketch until it leaves UConn dazed and confused and gasping for air.

>>"It's really cute that we ran that many plays, but it's not really cute that we scored that many points," said Syracuse first-year coach Dino Babers, previously the coach at Bowling Green. "The game is all about points, it's not about plays. It's not about statistics, it's about points. Once we start getting points on the board, I think that would help everything."

>>"As fast as they're going they can't be real elaborate, either," Diaco said. "They can't do a whole bunch — some shift traits and motion — to create confusion. The confusion is the tempo. So there's some vanilla elements to what they're forced and relegated to do, because they're moving fast also. There's not a whole bunch of control the defense has as it relates to tempo and pace of play."

UConn operates quite differently.

"In the event that we can, we want to control the ball, control the clock, control the field," Diaco said. "Field position is a huge piece for this model. Time of possession is a huge piece for this model. When you play a game like this, it becomes even more critical."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn Prepares For Syracuse's Fast And Furious Offense

>>Yes, the Orange move that fast. They run more plays than anyone in FBS, averaging 93 a game through three games. Last week against South Florida, Syracuse ran 105 plays, setting a program record and matching an Atlantic Coast Conference record.

>>Saturday's game between the Huskies and Orange at Rentschler Field brings a fascinating contrast in styles. UConn averages 66 plays a game, 88th out of 128 FBS teams.

Basically, UConn wants to take a strong hold of the field and tilt it until it can push Syracuse off the back edge. Syracuse wants to shake up the field like an Etch A Sketch until it leaves UConn dazed and confused and gasping for air.

>>"It's really cute that we ran that many plays, but it's not really cute that we scored that many points," said Syracuse first-year coach Dino Babers, previously the coach at Bowling Green. "The game is all about points, it's not about plays. It's not about statistics, it's about points. Once we start getting points on the board, I think that would help everything."

>>"As fast as they're going they can't be real elaborate, either," Diaco said. "They can't do a whole bunch — some shift traits and motion — to create confusion. The confusion is the tempo. So there's some vanilla elements to what they're forced and relegated to do, because they're moving fast also. There's not a whole bunch of control the defense has as it relates to tempo and pace of play."

UConn operates quite differently.

"In the event that we can, we want to control the ball, control the clock, control the field," Diaco said. "Field position is a huge piece for this model. Time of possession is a huge piece for this model. When you play a game like this, it becomes even more critical."
First time I've heard Bob not straight up fellate the opponent before a game. Interesting.

Reaction Score
I've watched their last two games. In the Louisville game, they moved the ball well in the first half, scored 20 I think, but could not slow down Lamar Jackson. They scored 17 in the first quarter against USF, and then stalled out. Their no huddle Offense will take a while to adjust to.

We cannot let them score 20 early or it will be all over.

Their QB is more than decent and he has some very fleet, savvy receivers. The Maryland transfer is very good.

Our defense has to win the game by giving our offense a chance to score 24 or more points.

Their defense has been very spotty, so I hope our running game steps up, and we will need an effective passing game.

Finally, I don't understand the spread. If I had no skin in the game, I would bet the 'Cuse. I hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
The key to the game?

One word.....Jamar Summers. :D

That reminds me of this famous Joe Biden line:

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs.
J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

Lol, I hear ya Jamar should be a big difference maker against the fruit!

Reaction Score
Misread the caption and spit out part of my beer. Thought it was saying Uconn was prepping their fast and furious offense!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Fast and Furious: Canadian Drift...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member