UConn posts another 1000 APR | The Boneyard

UConn posts another 1000 APR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
North Carolina probably posted 1,000 too, so?

So we're not going to get banned from the tournament. That's good, right?

Unquestionably positive news and the first three responses are negative. This board really needs to step back from the ledge and relax. Listen to some soothing music, daydream about unicorns, whatever works.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bryan Lord said:
Time to throttle back the learnin'

Yup in favor of FT practice.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The problem of bad PR, especially in the minds of morons, is that it sticks more than anything positive or good. I was debating a Wake Forest fan online recently and he kept saying "UConn is a despicable program for ignoring athletics". I proceed to explain how APR works and why UConn was banned. His response, "Yea right, like UConn can go from a sub-800 APR score to a perfect 1000 in one year, definitely cheating". Basically, no matter what happens, people will act like buffoons when it comes to putting down a dominant, successful program, because it actually makes them feel better about themselves, really not much else to it.

Reaction Score
Speaking of UNC, ummm what's happening with them, also nothing on Syracuse?

C

Chief00

APR is such BS I can't get excited about it - much rather sign a big time recruit!

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
APR is such BS I can't get excited about it - much rather sign a big time recruit!

Well, thanks to this group of players, we now have ample leeway to take a chance on a dumba$$ or two who can score 20 a night but might not stay eligible. We should he grateful to all the guys from the last few years and remember them for leading us out the pr abyss of sanctions, while going ahead and winning a national title while they were at it. Yet instead we have posters who fantasize about punching our players in the throat if they aren't sufficiently embarrassed about the Yale game. Since we here on the internet have set such a high bar for personal achievement.

Reaction Score
Let's stop ripping each other. I was cynically comparing what we did to not make APR to what NC has done over 15 years to keep their players on the court with bogus courses and papers. To me it's not even in the same universe of infractions. We missed one year of playoffs, they should miss 10.

Reaction Score
Yet instead we have posters who fantasize about punching our players in the throat if they aren't sufficiently embarrassed about the Yale game.
Even by Boneyard standards, that one was something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom