Uconn players Robotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He works in Charlotte? Probably a butt-hurt Puke fan

Reaction Score
He's a hack and the paper is terrible. I have lived in Charlotte for a long time now, this is nothing new. I dont think he is a puke fan though.

caw

Reaction Score
It's not exactly far reaching. What big man (pre-Drummond) from UConn was fluid offensively? It's pretty absurd to call Drummond stiff or Robotic though.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wasn't Okafor prime to be good/great but had bad injuries?

Reaction Score
It's not exactly far reaching. What big man (pre-Drummond) from UConn was fluid offensively? It's pretty absurd to call Drummond stiff or Robotic though.
Selvie.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's that far off. Our big men for years have been "robotic" in that they lack polish and tend to be very raw offensively. Emeka was very robotic at UConn. He scored in the post a bit but it was more due to superior positioning and just being a better athlete than who was covering him. Since going to the league he's got much bigger and is even more robotic now.

Reaction Score
The bigger insult, and one which is probably merited, is that our big guys have not been great in the pros.

Okafor -- A decent 13/10 guy, but probably not as much as you'd want from a #2 pick
CV -- Disappointing and, through no fault of his own, one of the worst contracts in the NBA
Boone -- Out of the league
Hilton -- Out of the league
Thabeet -- Epic bust at #2

Our "problem", if you want to call it that, is that even our second and third options in the post are considered NBA prospects. We put a ton of big men in the draft; they just don't pan out.

Reaction Score
to take it further, travis knight was a first round pick who garnered a huge contract (for some reason) and then became grizzly adams, jake was a decent backup but nothing special. uncle spliffy is really the only big man (besides emeka to an extent) who has been a good pro. this is not an inditement on the coaching staff or Uconn, though. Other than CV, none of those guys were offensively talented players. Emeka is more or less what I and many others thought he'd be; essentially he's Buck Williams- a guy who is solid, unspectacular, and a good option on a bad team and potentially a glue guy on a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom