UConn Player Highlights: 2004-2005 Season | The Boneyard

UConn Player Highlights: 2004-2005 Season

Reaction Score
Underachieving season. That talent should have taken them to the Final Four and maybe another NC.

Reaction Score
Underachieving season. That talent should have taken them to the Final Four and maybe another NC.

Final Four caliber talent and depth at the 5, 4, and 3 slots. (Boone, Charlie V., Armstrong, Nelson, Gay, Brown, Anderson)
Even if you want to count Brown and Anderson as guards, not enough depth with quality ball handlers and penetration ability at the 1 and 2 positions in my opinion. I think this was a bit of a fatal flaw, and the overall record and run into the NCAA would have looked better with some more help in that area.

Keep in mind this was supposed to be AJ Price's freshman year. On paper from a recruiting plan perspective this 04-05 team should have been ridiculously talented.
If you say Craig Austrie and Rob Garrison were a net upgrade over Antonio Kellog, you can argue that this 04-05 team missed AJ Price even more than the 05-06 squad.
Any way you cut it, two years in a row where Marcus Williams was asked to do too much.

If my memory is correct this is also the year Rashad Anderson had health issues down the stretch. Not the same player late in the season.

Reaction Score
After watching and enjoying the Rashard Anderson highlights, one might have to wonder.. Was he patient zero for Covid-19? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reaction Score
That Julius Hodge game is way up there on the tough losses scale.. That would be a great thread, toughest losses to stomach in UConn mens' hoops history.

The Hodge game would be up there, the Maryland game (even though they were technically the better team) losing to Duke @ the buzzer in 1990, and the loss to Texas where Marcus White got the ball stuck in between the rim/backboard for a change of possession.

Has this thread ever been made?

Reaction Score
Thank you for pointing out my typo. Jerk! :(
Geeze, why the hostility? I put a smiley face on it so I wasn't that serious.

Although a lot of people on here call him Rashard (so I don't know if yours was a typo) and I think good fans like all of us on here should get his name right. The guy was an integral part of a national championship. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That Julius Hodge game is way up there on the tough losses scale.. That would be a great thread, toughest losses to stomach in UConn mens' hoops history.

The Hodge game would be up there, the Maryland game (even though they were technically the better team) losing to Duke @ the buzzer in 1990, and the loss to Texas where Marcus White got the ball stuck in between the rim/backboard for a change of possession.

Has this thread ever been made?
I was at that game in Worcester. Tough ride home. And the game before that against UCF wasn't a masterpiece either.

Reaction Score
I'm an English teacher so I take pride in pointing out everyone's mistakes :mad:

Reaction Score
Final Four caliber talent and depth at the 5, 4, and 3 slots. (Boone, Charlie V., Armstrong, Nelson, Gay, Brown, Anderson)
Even if you want to count Brown and Anderson as guards, not enough depth with quality ball handlers and penetration ability at the 1 and 2 positions in my opinion. I think this was a bit of a fatal flaw, and the overall record and run into the NCAA would have looked better with some more help in that area.

Keep in mind this was supposed to be AJ Price's freshman year. On paper from a recruiting plan perspective this 04-05 team should have been ridiculously talented.
If you say Craig Austrie and Rob Garrison were a net upgrade over Antonio Kellog, you can argue that this 04-05 team missed AJ Price even more than the 05-06 squad.

Any way you cut it, two years in a row where Marcus Williams was asked to do too much.

If my memory is correct this is also the year Rashad Anderson had health issues down the stretch. Not the same player late in the season.

No matter how you look at that season, it was an underachieving team. Would love for UConn to go into their next season - whenever that may be - with that talent. Underachievement should have been a Final Four team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom