UConn Play Of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Play Of the Year

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So many impressive plays. I mention another two:

1. Paige's left handed hook shot in St John game
2. Plays on Paige off-ball movement, so smart and tricky, which create easy offensive games and fun to watch

That lefty shot is next level! It's Curryesque or Taurasian!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"fortuitous"? really? Every shot in WBB is fortuitous! It went in, that's all that matters and what makes it a great play.
So based on your criteria, the TN shot was just as fortuitous for the reasons that you cited. But the TN shot would be my runner up.
C’mon. Precious few shots bounce six feet above the rim and come straight down and in. Strange definition of fortuitous that every shot that goes in is fortuitous. Skill has a bit to do with it

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It wasn't at such a critical point in a game, but I thought Paige's drive against Marquette that ended in a switched-hands reverse layup was the most technically amazing. Honorable mention goes to her driving baby hook shot over Boston against South Carolina.
This was for me the most singular shot of the year, I have seen many off balance 3's and last second bombs that have hit the bottom of the net none of which required the self control or athleticism that this shot took to pull off. As I posted earlier this was the most Jordenesque shot I have ever seen a WCBB player ever pull off. It wasn't the most climatic but it was mind blowing.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Do you know how long Paige has been practicing that back of rim high bounce swish three pointer. It is her go to shot when playing horse and she needs a winning play - just ask Azzi! She chose it in that game because the extra couple of seconds off the clock are perfect for late game or overtime situations.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Do you know how long Paige has been practicing that back of rim high bounce swish three pointer. It is her go to shot when playing horse and she needs a winning play - just ask Azzi! She chose it in that game because the extra couple of seconds off the clock are perfect for late game or overtime situations.
And if you believe that, UcMiami has a bridge in NYC that he would like you to consider purchasing.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Every shot mentioned above is worthy of being in the conversation. I guess I'd go with Paige's 3 V. UTenn (I wanted that game SO BAD for Evina I could taste it) or
Aaliyah's swat at the three point line for the coast-to-coast and-1. Off the charts EFFORT and ATHLETICISM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom