Uconn - Pitt Game Analysis | The Boneyard

Uconn - Pitt Game Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Finished rewatching the game and breaking down plays. Here we go:
OFFENSE:
GAME PLAN: I like the game DeLeone called, and I like this offensive scheme alot. He wants to run inside pulling the guard, and will sprinkle a couple sweeps in there. Favors the short passing game, but calls several deep passes a game. And when he called them v. Pitt, they were perfect. Wide open receivers down the field. Only one problem, we couldn't get the ball to them. More on that later. There is nothing wrong with the offensive scheme. It is not overly complicated, but it can be extremely successful. The running game is clicking on all cylinders, but the passing game is not. This is not the fault of Deleone's play calling.

Reaction Score
Nevermind.

I just spent an hour typing out analysis, when I try to post it, says it too long. Tried to post it in pieces, still won't let me (even though the chunks are less than 1180 characters). Please tell me that is just a glitch? ANy suggestions?

Reaction Score
We sucked.

Surprisingly there were some bright spots. But long and short - QB play was DIII quality (might be an inult to D III qbs); Linebacker play was atrocious; Don Brown's scheme is horrible, and the linebackers have no idea what they are doing in it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Brown's scheme isn't horrible and worked for many years at UMass. As his tenure at UMD shows, he needs a year to implement his schemes as they are complex. We need to cover the flat and tackle better...

Reaction Score
I should have clarified. The schemes Brown used during the Pitt game were atrocious. He made no adjustments and was owned by Todd Graham.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger