Uconn picked third in ESPN Poll | The Boneyard

Uconn picked third in ESPN Poll

Reaction Score
I want to see the entire St. John's defense match up against UConn's R.J. Cole. Not a true "1-on-1" collision, you say? Hear me out. The Johnnies play D as a single turnover-forcing swarm. True, their bottom line on defense was just average last season, but if there's one thing Mike Anderson knows how to coach it's the good old "40 minutes of hell" brand of ball he learned as an assistant and later as head coach at Arkansas. St. John's recorded a high number of takeaways in Anderson's first season at the helm, and Cole has already put more than 1,500 points on the board in just two seasons at Howard.

Good to see Cole getting some pub. Gasaway is a good analyst.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1604419097810.png

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
G'town not feelin' much love.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At least we have a good vision at what/who the top 5 will most likely be.
All these teams should/will receive a Dance invite

Reaction Score
I would sign up for that right now. After what we have seen the past 4 years, a third place finish would be great considering that pretty much guarantees that we would be an NCAA Tournament team.

Reaction Score
High honor for the 'old' new kids on the block in a great conference. Haven't played a game yet and it feels like we have an even larger target on our back.

I feel any team that beats us will be have a nice building block on their resume. So expect the challenge game in and game out.

Just glad to be back where we belong and in the right position at the top (not middle or bottom).

Reaction Score
Sounds about right at #3 in the preseason.. Have to execute on our potential and with the new talent we have.. Got some Alpha Dogs on the team.. Time to lace up the sneakers and play some ball!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
let the bubble begin! i don’t care where they finish, i’ll watch a MSG BE championship in an empty building

not gonna lie, i like lunardi’s ranking

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good looks UConn, but it is ESPN and they are your version of home cooking being from Bristol and all...make sure you see the sections about PC, don't underestimate us, or rather please do...Bottom line, Our rivalry is good for the BE and I know a lot of you have memories that feed back to when you used to be in the old BE, but times have certainly changed and PC is a different program that Cooley and company have grown over the past 7 years you were gone - little brother has grown up while you were away in AAC prison LOL...It will be a fun matchup to watch, Bouk is looking like a consensus All American...What's up with Akok, is he good to go this season or still needing time from injury?

Reaction Score
Id really like to see Gtown become a consistent top 25 school again. I miss having big games against them. It just feels like cbb to me.
Well be careful what you wish for, last season Xavior was 8th place in BE when UConn faced them and you lost that one...I'm telling ya, every game is tough in the BE, no win is guaranteed and should not just be expected, but I'll just let you all figure that out for yourselves...

Reaction Score
Well be careful what you wish for, last season Xavior was 8th place in BE when UConn faced them and you lost that one...I'm telling ya, every game is tough in the BE, no win is guaranteed and should not just be expected, but I'll just let you all figure that out for yourselves...

It's a bunch of tiny Catholic schools. We'll be a bully from day one.

Of course it means nothing. The key will be getting better as the season goes on a long deep run in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Good looks UConn, but it is ESPN and they are your version of home cooking being from Bristol and all...make sure you see the sections about PC, don't underestimate us, or rather please do...Bottom line, Our rivalry is good for the BE and I know a lot of you have memories that feed back to when you used to be in the old BE, but times have certainly changed and PC is a different program that Cooley and company have grown over the past 7 years you were gone - little brother has grown up while you were away in AAC prison LOL...It will be a fun matchup to watch, Bouk is looking like a consensus All American...What's up with Akok, is he good to go this season or still needing time from injury?
Research would tell you that ESPN is rarely on the UConn bandwagon.. All things considered.. This ranking is surprisingly positive. .Coming from them.. No home cooking happening here..

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
This seems overly optimistic for a team that never finished in the top 3 in the lowly AAC I believe. There's obviously better pieces in place than there has been in years, but 2 key guys are coming off major injuries and the Big East is a heck of a lot stronger overall than the AAC.

I really think it's going to be interesting how teams respond with little to no fans in the building each night, especially if teams get down early at home with no crowd to energize them back. I'm actually hopeful our AAC experiences of stale arena environments in a lot of places kinda help with that...

Reaction Score
Clearly you don’t know that ESPN hates UConn.

Reaction Score
Lol! How old are you? 30+ year Uconn fan here who experienced the battles in the Old BIg East from the 90s up until the 2010s. But you want to lecture me on how tough the Big East is? How cute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom