UConn "physicality" theory | The Boneyard

UConn "physicality" theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Traditionally the Big East has been a physical conference. At tourney time that has hurt some BE teams, especially Pitt, that get too reliant on getting away with being physical. In my opinion UConn has traditionally been somewhat physical, but not brutish. I feel it has, however, hurt us out of conference in the past.

I think the last couple years, we've been more of a finesse team than usual. It's hurt us a bit in the BE regular season (see at Rutgers and many games last year), but I think learning how to fight a bit has been advantage in tournaments and out of conference games. It's a bit opposite of an ACC team. They are finesse teams that play finesse ball all year. They aren't ready to step up when every possession matters.

I like this team come tournament time. Guys will have a bit more space, but they'll be used to fighting for whatever they can get. That's what I saw today. Lamb was being hand checked everywhere and I only saw it called once. In a tournament I don't see that happening. He'll get more calls or more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom