UCONN PGs Ranking | The Boneyard

UCONN PGs Ranking

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sooo, here's something to do in the Off season. We'll go through and rank the players by position. This is their UCONN career. (under consideration, those that have graduated or have already made the wall) I was going to do a poll, but it doesn't really work for ranking. (it would work for "best" - but I want to go a little deeper - you wouldn't get too many arguments for best 2/3/4/5, but who's 2nd, 3rd, etc. now there might be some conversations). There might be some arguments about who is what, but that'll give us some more discussion anyway.

Just list them 1-10. I'll compile the results (assign points 10-1). We'll start with the PG's. The 1's. Here's a list to start with (wall players listed first, then others I thought should be considered), if you feel someone else should be in there, add them to your list. I'll give this a couple of days and then move on to the other positions.

Sue Bird
Moriah Jefferson
Renee Montgomery
Jen Rizzotti
Saniya Chong
Maria Conlon
Lorin Dixon
Kennitra Johnson (KJ)
Ketia Swanier
Rita Williams

Have at it.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
1. Jefferson
2. Bird
3. Rizzotti
4. Montgomery
5. Swanier
6. Dangerfield
7. Williams
8. Conlon
9. Chong
10. Doty

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
  1. Moriah Jefferson
  2. Sue Bird
  3. Jen Rizzotti
  4. Renee Montgomery
  5. Maria Conlon
  6. Rita Williams
  7. Saniya Chong
  8. Kennitra Johnson (KJ)
  9. Ketia Swanier
  10. Lorin Dixon

Reaction Score
Sooo, here's something to do in the Off season. We'll go through and rank the players by position. This is their UCONN career. (under consideration, those that have graduated or have already made the wall) I was going to do a poll, but it doesn't really work for ranking. (it would work for "best" - but I want to go a little deeper - you wouldn't get too many arguments for best 2/3/4/5, but who's 2nd, 3rd, etc. now there might be some conversations). There might be some arguments about who is what, but that'll give us some more discussion anyway.

Just list them 1-10. I'll compile the results (assign points 10-1). We'll start with the PG's. The 1's. Here's a list to start with (wall players listed first, then others I thought should be considered), if you feel someone else should be in there, add them to your list. I'll give this a couple of days and then move on to the other positions.

Sue Bird
Moriah Jefferson
Renee Montgomery
Jen Rizzotti
Saniya Chong
Maria Conlon
Lorin Dixon
Kennitra Johnson (KJ)
Ketia Swanier
Rita Williams

Have at it.
Looks like you've already put them in order; or darn close.

Reaction Score
  1. Sue Bird
  2. Moriah Jefferson
  3. Jen Rizzotti
  4. Renee Montgomery
  5. Maria Conlon
  6. Rita Williams
  7. Lorin Dixon
  8. Ketia Swanier
  9. Saniya Chong
  10. Kennitra Johnson (KJ)

Reaction Score
1. Jefferson
2. Bird
3. Montgomery
4. Rizzotti
5. Dangerfield (up to this point)
6. Swanier
7. Rita Williams
8. Conlon
9. Chong

I would consider Hartley to be in the DT vein of being a CG. If she was strictly a pg, she'd probably be in the top 5.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmm guess this wasn't of interest to too many. 810 views, and 4 votes. And this one was the only one that had a competition for #1. :( Bummer.

Reaction Score
I became a fan during Diana's sophomore year, so I missed too many to have a legitimate opinion on point guards all time. I suspect I'm not alone. I love Moriah, and I'm conflicted about Diana and Maria, as I don't know how you'd determine who was the PG, and who was the SG.

Reaction Score
1. Moriah Jefferson (How is she not in the mix for the National Team? Is it strictly due to injury status?)
2. Sue Bird
3. Renee Montgomery
4. Jen Rizzotti
5. Maria Conlon
6. Saniya Chong
7. Rita Williams
8. Kennitra Johnson
9. Ketia Swanier
10. Lorin Dixon

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I became a fan during Diana's sophomore year, so I missed too many to have a legitimate opinion on point guards all time. I suspect I'm not alone. I love Moriah, and I'm conflicted about Diana and Maria, as I don't know how you'd determine who was the PG, and who was the SG.
Well put it this way, if you're putting together an all time UCONN starting 5, you're most likely gonna go:

Bird/Jefferson (good debate)
DT
Moore
Stewart
Charles

Because??? We all know DT is really a 2. Can she play the 1?, sure. But if I'm putting a team together, she's my 2.

Reaction Score
1. Jefferson
2. Bird
3. Montgomery
4. Rizzotti
5. Dangerfield (up to this point)
6. Swanier
7. Rita Williams
8. Conlon
9. Chong

I would consider Hartley to be in the DT vein of being a CG. If she was strictly a pg, she'd probably be in the top 5.
Have to give Dangerfield an incomplete up until this point. Year 1 - a lot of the Geno jitters given many frosh. Year 2 - frequent injuries. Great potential but others proven.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not sure how you determine Hartley as a two guard - she was clearly the starting point guard for her first three years and only as a senior in Moriah's sophomore season did she share the duty.
My list:
1T. Jefferson/Bird
3. Jen
4. Renee
5. Bria
6. Rita
7. Maria
8. Saniya
9. incompletes and others

Reaction Score
1. Bird
2. Rizzotti
3. Jefferson
4. Montgomery

If you do this again in 2 years and Dangerfield has 2 injury free seasons I expect her to break into the top 5 which is pretty special. My list for now:
1. Bird
2. Rizzotti
3. Jefferson
4. Montgomery
5. Hartley
6. Williams
7. Conlon
8. Swanier
9. Chong
10. Johnson

Reaction Score
Not sure how you determine Hartley as a two guard - she was clearly the starting point guard for her first three years and only as a senior in Moriah's sophomore season did she share the duty.
My list:
1T. Jefferson/Bird
3. Jen
4. Renee
5. Bria
6. Rita
7. Maria
8. Saniya
9. incompletes and others
Nobody played defense like Moriah at the pg position. I think that and her ability to penetrate makes her clear cut #1. What did Sue do better than Moriah?

Reaction Score
Sue
Moriah
Jen
Maria
Bria
Renee
Lorin
Saniya
Ketia
Crystal (obviously will move up)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nobody played defense like Moriah at the pg position. I think that and her ability to penetrate makes her clear cut #1. What did Sue do better than Moriah?
She’s the silhouette logo for the WNBA?
Plus way better pull-up jumper. Plus game on the line, I would go with Sue.

Still gotta love Moriah!

Reaction Score

Sue Bird
Moriah Jefferson
Renee Montgomery
Jen Rizzotti
Saniya Chong
Maria Conlon
Lorin Dixon
Kennitra Johnson (KJ)
Ketia Swanier
Rita Williams

Have at it.

How can u not have Pam Webber on that list. She’s probably numbah one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom