UConn PG lineage | The Boneyard

UConn PG lineage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The news of Boat signing with the Nets and hopefully getting a crack at the league got me to thinking about how great our point guards have been the past decade.

Consider if Boat makes the league that would be 5 straight UConn point guards to make the NBA - and not just 1 and done types but all juniors or seniors.

If you're a PG and want to make the league - come here.

Marcus
AJ
Kemba
Bass
Boat
Jalen?
Alterique?

Reaction Score
Tweet from Vecenie of CBSSports back when Gibbs committed:

Just need one NBA star to eventually emerge to make the appeal even sweeter, and based on Gibbs and Gilbert's comments when they committed the appeal is already pretty high. Not that we didn't know that already but its nice to hear it laid out by recruits.

Reaction Score
Tweet from Vecenie of CBSSports back when Gibbs committed:

Just need one NBA star to eventually emerge to make the appeal even sweeter, and based on Gibbs and Gilbert's comments when they committed the appeal is already pretty high. Not that we didn't know that already but its nice to hear it laid out by recruits.

If only Kemba had a decent team around him

Reaction Score
They didn't make the NBA but Taliek and of course Khalid were great college point guards, both continuations of Tate, Ollie, and so many other 'great' point guards we have had come through.

Reaction Score
If only Kemba had a decent team around him
Time for Kemba to step it up on his end, another year of the shooting numbers he's put up and Char might start looking for other options. Char has made a lot of additions with offense in mind, we gotta see how it comes together but Kemba at least has improve to the low 40s shooting % wise.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Time for Kemba to step it up on his end, another year of the shooting numbers he's put up and Char might start looking for other options. Char has made a lot of additions with offense in mind, we gotta see how it comes together but Kemba at least has improve to the low 40s shooting % wise.
Agree, Kemba needs to get his %s up this year or chances are the team will be moving on, and that's all the UConn fandom and bias aside. Also I believe their GM's name is Cho.

Reaction Score
Agree, Kemba needs to get his %s up this year or chances are the team will be moving on, and that's all the UConn fandom and bias aside. Also I believe their GM's name is Cho.
Char=Charlotte

Reaction Score
Char=Charlotte GM=Rich Cho

Reaction Score
Honestly if Charlotte doesn't want Kemba after this year it'll probably be a blessing in disguise. On a talented team he's a star, but when its him and one other legitimate offensive threat, you get a ton of attention. I'm not a Knick fan but I would love to see him end up on the Knicks playing in MSG, even if the team sucks you know it had to be a dream of his as a kid.

Reaction Score
I understand why Knicks fans want Kemba, but seeing him go from a mediocre squad (where he's already struggling to take that next step forward) to a lousy team would be a disaster for his career.

Kemba's strength as a point guard is his ability to fill it up, and that would be completely wasted on a team that will struggle to crack 20 wins. He's also a ball dominant point guard that I just can't see playing well with Melo.

Reaction Score
They didn't make the NBA but Taliek and of course Khalid were great college point guards, both continuations of Tate, Ollie, and so many other 'great' point guards we have had come through.

I do realize the family started when JC took over but prior to this even the PG's have been worthy to note:

Freddy Malan
Bobby Boyd
Jimmy Foster
Joey Whelton
Earl Kelley
Hobbsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors