UCONN perform well in summer league | The Boneyard

UCONN perform well in summer league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn swingman Daniel Hamilton poured in a game-high 45 points, including the game-winning foul shot with 2.9 seconds remaining, in a battle between winless teams.

Hamilton hitting a free throw is noteworthy. Hope we see a lot of that. I'm happier about that than the 45 points. Especially in crunch time.

Reaction Score
The write-up had nice to hear bits like Rodney and DHam hitting late free throws and Rodney making a key steal against Gomes. Anyone know if our other guys were playing? Brimah? Facey?

Do incoming freshman ever play in this league?
Yes, they always do.

Reaction Score
UConn swingman Daniel Hamilton poured in a game-high 45 points, including the game-winning foul shot with 2.9 seconds remaining, in a battle between winless teams.

Hamilton hitting a free throw is noteworthy. Hope we see a lot of that.
FT improvements are absolutely necessary for Rodney and Hamilton, they are going to live at the line this season. Watching our tournament ft shooting in 2014 is one of the greatest things I've ever seen as a Husky fan, it's not talked about nearly enough.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
FT improvements are absolutely necessary for Rodney and Hamilton, they are going to live at the line this season. Watching our tournament ft shooting in 2014 is one of the greatest things I've ever seen as a Husky fan, it's not talked about nearly enough.

I think I used specialized criteria where we were something like 50-51 on "pressure" FTs in the tourney. It was somewhat fabricated - I made up that "pressure" was last five minutes, spread of less than 10 points, and outcome still in doubt. I think the official stat you always saw was that we were 90 percent (maybe 63-70) in the last five minutes or OT, but we missed the very last foul shots with the games completely wrapped up against St. Joe's and Nova (Tolksdorf missed one of them - Boat missed the last one against St. Joe's with 5 seconds left after we were perfect in OT prior) and we missed a couple against Nova when our lead was over 10 points. The only one we missed that fit my criteria of pressure was Bazz split two against Iowa State when we led by five. Other than that: money.

Reaction Score
I think I used specialized criteria where we were something like 50-51 on "pressure" FTs in the tourney. It was somewhat fabricated - I made up that "pressure" was last five minutes, spread of less than 10 points, and outcome still in doubt. I think the official stat you always saw was that we were 90 percent (maybe 63-70) in the last five minutes or OT, but we missed the very last foul shots with the games completely wrapped up against St. Joe's and Nova (Tolksdorf missed one of them - Boat missed the last one against St. Joe's with 5 seconds left after we were perfect in OT prior) and we missed a couple against Nova when our lead was over 10 points. The only one we missed that fit my criteria of pressure was Bazz split two against Iowa State when we led by five. Other than that: money.
It's the best FT shooting I've ever seen at any level of basketball.

Reaction Score
Ft shooting won us a championship

Nobody can EVER beat the FT% in the championship game. Don't know if anyone has ever gone perfect from the line before in the game but probably.

Reaction Score
hearing daniel hamilton being described as "unguardable" really brings a tear to the eye. can't wait for this season!

Poe

Reaction Score

Calamari was afraid of our free throw shooting and refused to intentionally foul at the end of the game. I don't think I've ever seen that before, especially in a championship game when Kentucky was still within striking distance. Simply absurd free throw shooting in the tournament that will probably never be matched.

Reaction Score
Hamilton definitely looks bigger to me and a lot stronger in that clip. Contrary to that report. Not sure what that guy was seeing.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Considering the team % for the tournament was only a few points off the individual all time record in the NBA, I'd say so.

Reaction Score
remember when lamb went for 70 in the pro am, ha

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Glad to see these guys putting in work and getting these numbers even if it is just the proam... If we can get Purvis & Dham consistent on both ends and Brimah out of foul trouble we should be real good.. I expect Gibbs to be huge for us and I am surprised landing him hasn't caused more hype around Uconn.. Ive watched a lot of Gibbs and he is top notch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom