UConn (pats) fans so predictable | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn (pats) fans so predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We only went to the Meadowlands (an annual event) and Las Vegas this year.

Fair weather my ___. And we had a large following in both arenas. :)

I'm a lucky man. Calhoun & Belichick & Geno. GOATs everywhere
Wasn't my premise, but I'll ridicule it 'til the cows come home.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting post on a month+ old thread at 11pm after we blew out a rival.
I got to keep myself entertained somehow during the graveyard shift. haha
It’s awful boring hockey in an outdated terrible venue. Period.
Yes, it is quite boring. Maybe they should rebrand the team to honor our dearly departed NHL team. Oh, wait...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
PC fans are now going to invade Gampel. Never would've thought this 2 weeks ago. Embarrassing.
For those who were there last night, how accurate was this prediction?

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For those who were ther last night, how accurate was this prediction?
So there were a lot of PC fans, but the play on the court stifled them. A lot left early.

Husky25

Reaction Score
So there were a lot of PC fans, but the play on the court stifled them. A lot left early.
There is always an away section. I remember it being in the upper level in the years when I went to Gampel more regularly. Last night, it was in the lower bowl. Not sure when that change occurred. I noticed only a handful of PC fans among the masses, outside the designated away section.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
For those who were ther last night, how accurate was this prediction?
More than there should've been. But our crowd was excellent. I thank the lord JC that the game was at Gampel instead of XL. PC fans were so upset about that. They realize how much harder it is to play there than Hartford.

Reaction Score
Quality didn't just drop for a stretch, they went their last 5 years not making the playoffs when 16 out of 21 teams made the playoffs. And what do you get out of lying about the Wolf Pack?They draw 10X more than what you said.
10X? Okay, I guess. The Wolf Pack sucks. Minor league sports, generally speaking, suck.

1677176285681.png

Reaction Score
More than there should've been. But our crowd was excellent. I thank the lord JC that the game was at Gampel instead of XL. PC fans were so upset about that. They realize how much harder it is to play there than Hartford.
This game should never be in Hartford. And I am an XL supporter

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When they play at XL it should be $2 beer night. Only way to make a fair comparison.
Except concession prices aren’t in UConn’s control at the XL

Reaction Score
wonder if Marquette fans are upset about being forced to play at the XL?

Reaction Score
The Wolf Pack sucks
Yeah, the only folks I've ever heard say that are bitter Whalers fans who refuse to get over the loss of their team.

It's not fair to hold a grudge against the Wolf Pack simply because they replaced your team and have achieved more success than the Whalers did.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the only folks I've ever heard say that are bitter Whalers fans who refuse to get over the loss of their team.

It's not fair to hold a grudge against the Wolf Pack simply because they replaced your team and have achieved more success than the Whalers did.
Minor league sports blow compared to the real thing. And since the Wolfpack don't play in the NHL, its not possible for them to achieve anything comparable to the Whalers, regardless of how little they may have accomplished.

Reaction Score
Yup. Exactly. That’s how we lost the Whalers. Quality drops for a stretch, fans stop coming. Now you have an XL center with a giant curtain hiding half the arena and 600 fans at a wolf pack game.
The Whalers won one playoff series in the NHL in their entire stay in Hartford. One (1). That isn't the quality dropping for a stretch. It's an era of futility

Reaction Score

You can’t compare minor league teams in any way to the NHL.
Once the Whalers left I stopped watching the NHL. I also have no interest in supporting anything associated with the Bruins or Rangers, two organizations who would fight like hell to keep the whalers from getting an NHL team back in the event some kind of miracle occurred where you had a moneybags potential owner and new arena and Bettman was no longer the commissioner.

Besides, UConn has a quality hockey program that helps fill the hockey void.

Reaction Score
The Whalers won one playoff series in the NHL in their entire stay in Hartford. One (1). That isn't the quality dropping for a stretch. It's an era of futility
Tell that to Maple Leafs fans. They still turnout for games.

Reaction Score
Tell that to Maple Leafs fans. They still turnout for games.
Has any NHL city past or present had an 18-year run as bad as Hartford’s?

And why would you compare a major Canadian city to Hartford? Torontos dedication to hockey far surpasses most American cities outside those in the original 6.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Has any NHL city past or present had an 18-year run as bad as Hartford’s?

And why would you compare a major Canadian city to Hartford? Torontos dedication to hockey far surpasses most American cities outside those in the original 6.
Yet but out of the dozen or less states in the country that even develop hockey players, why are we out?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yet but out of the dozen or less states in the country that even develop hockey players, why are we out?

For probably the same reason that Connecticut does not have a major professional football, baseball, or basketball team and why UConn is not in the Big Ten.

Howard Baldwin used to say that The Whalers provided a solution for the NHL, when the WHA was absorbed 1979, but that was when cable was barely a thing, let alone sports entertainment "superstations." Even in the mid/late 80s when the Sox went to the ALCS every other year, NESN was still a premium add-on.

Boston is 100 miles northeast and the three NYC area franchises are no more than about 130 miles. NESN reaches every Connecticut County except Fairfield...who wish against wish that they could be part of New York and are are mostly Ranger/Island/Devil fans anyway.

Bottom line is that the Whalers would not open the Northeast Market substantially further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom