UConn Passing Yards v NCST | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Passing Yards v NCST

Will UConn Gain More Than 100 Yards Passing v NCST?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Can't comment as we were at a farewell to summer party. Got the impression checking the score on my phone that NCST was being gracious at the end. That UConn's sustained drive was against their scout squad. True?

On to Fresno State.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
95B7B20B-EB13-467E-8352-5F4AE2266DDB.jpeg

Reaction Score
Can't comment as we were at a farewell to summer party. Got the impression checking the score on my phone that NCST was being gracious at the end. That UConn's sustained drive was against their scout squad. True?

On to Fresno State.
Definitely true. Shame.

Reaction Score
Look at it this way. ZT is getting some on the job training. That's all. UConn's staff wasn't really trying to win the last two games, because how on earth could they?? Just impossible. The staff are trying to maximize wins on the season. This is exactly how you do it. Get ZT the exposure and experience he needs to be effective against the FIU's and UMass's of the world without getting him killed and out for the season. Baby steps. Completing 10 of 12 short pass attempts, believe it or not, is progress. Against Fresno, the bar will be raised just slightly with a bit more complexity and ambition in the game plan.

HCJM and his staff know that at the end of the day the season will be looked at as a whole. They are executing a plan to get the Huskies to three or four wins. And if that means they have to take two or three blowout losses so be it, given all the injuries. The margin of defeat will continue to come down (it almost halved last night) until they actually get some more victories. Patience.

Reaction Score
Look at it this way. ZT is getting some on the job training. That's all. UConn's staff wasn't really trying to win the last two games, because how on earth could they?? Just impossible. The staff are trying to maximize wins on the season. This is exactly how you do it. Get ZT the exposure and experience he needs to be effective against the FIU's and UMass's of the world without getting him killed and out for the season. Baby steps. Completing 10 of 12 short pass attempts, believe it or not, is progress. Against Fresno, the bar will be raised just slightly with a bit more complexity and ambition in the game plan.

HCJM and his staff know that at the end of the day the season will be looked at as a whole. They are executing a plan to get the Huskies to three or four wins. And if that means they have to take two or three blowout losses so be it, given all the injuries. The margin of defeat will continue to come down (it almost halved last night) until they actually get some more victories. Patience.
Excellent post.

Reaction Score
Please help me out... I remembered when we were putting a coaching staff together and we were so ecstatic about this young up and coming offensive rock star that related great with QBs......... Maybe its me but I am not seeing it with Charlton and plays called. I realize the injuries and what not but still....We should be able to play to Zion's game at this point. At least to an extent

I was at the NC State game and we were so predictable and slow. ( I did question why NC State kept their starting QB in so late and still had him throwing the ball in an already decided game. I believe it was 44 plus or minus a few)- -maybe it's me but I thought that was pushing it.

Reaction Score
Please help me out... I remembered when we were putting a coaching staff together and we were so ecstatic about this young up and coming offensive rock star that related great with QBs......... Maybe its me but I am not seeing it with Charlton and plays called. I realize the injuries and what not but still....We should be able to play to Zion's game at this point. At least to an extent

I was at the NC State game and we were so predictable and slow. ( I did question why NC State kept their starting QB in so late and still had him throwing the ball in an already decided game. I believe it was 44 plus or minus a few)- -maybe it's me but I thought that was pushing it.

Are you not seeing what he has to work with?

Reaction Score
I do see what he has to work with but these are athletes and we practice all week. Some plays can be done to account for the shortcomings .Just frustrating not to see any changes/improvements

Reaction Score

NC State was playing their offensive starters for experience....Clemson is next up.

Reaction Score
Every time it is the same thing. Unbridled optimism before the start of the season followed by total disillusionment and harsh technical criticism a few games into the season.

What were the expectations here regarding the first six games of the season -- for a 1-11 team last year that lost its two best players? Anyone who said that the Huskies would be anything other that 1-5 had to indulging in the new recreational laws.

OK, we thought Syracuse was much weaker so 2-4 is a respectable error if 1-5 happens.

In contrast to those of us who DARED to point out that JM was the same age roughly as PP and RE2.0 when they got here, and and said to take a wait and see attitude -- only to get flamed for their trouble.

Let's relax until after FIU and UMass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom