UConn Paintball | The Boneyard

UConn Paintball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
UConn is playing UCF for the national championship on CBSSN right now. We won it all about 3 years ago. Not bad for a club team.

U

UCONNfan1

You'd think a school that had a huge ROTC presence would do well - a bunch of marine sharpshooters on their team. Future Green Beret's or something!

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
You'd think a school that had a huge ROTC presence would do well - a bunch of marine sharpshooters on their team. Future Green Beret's or something!
The two main variations of paintball are "air ball" where you play in a field with inflated bunkers set the same on both sides and "woodsball" where you play in the woods. Air Ball is a very fast paced, high intensity game that the military guys don't have much of an advantage because it's mostly strategy, aggression and gun skills that win games. Most teams that play together often have a huge advantage.

Now woodsball is where the military guys shine. I played a lot of paintball over the years and won much more than I lost BUT, I've played against some special forces and even police departments out for training exercises and if me and my guys were not at the top of our games, we'd get waxed. There was a group of 4 retired seals that I used to play with. They'd regularly take on 20 to 25 people and they would rarely lose a man. Training, like practice, pays dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom