Men - UConn outfielder Kyler Fedko enjoying his dominant sophomore season more than anyone (Courant’s McFarland) | The Boneyard

Men UConn outfielder Kyler Fedko enjoying his dominant sophomore season more than anyone (Courant’s McFarland)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <

Outline back door dropped off the last few paragraphs:

-> Fedko knows that at some point, Major League Baseball could come calling. He’s excited about the opportunity, but for now he’s blacking it out, not thinking of it.

He’s fixated on the goal in front of him: Return to the NCAA tournament, be the guy, and win. He’s going to enjoy it, too.

“I got to sleep thinking, ‘Holy crap, I’m going to bat leadoff tomorrow, I’m going to get five at bats,” Fedko said. “Let’s freaking go. It’s a mindset of, I’m going to have fun and take it one day at a time.” <-

Reaction Score
Kid is awesome.
There are several potential future MLBers on this team.
HC Penders is bringing talent to UCONN.

I LOVE seeing this.

Reaction Score
Rather a damn shame that KFed wasn’t even considered as a semifinalist for the Dick Howser Trophy (NCBWA Player of the Year Award)

I’m disappointed with this

Reaction Score
Man, UConn Athletics disparate media channels really don't do a great job of making this content easy to find huh. I absolutely love Jonesie and the crew making the actual commentary, and dig these interviews done by other UConn media - I just wish it was pushed more. Seems a lot of interesting nuggets with the Coach and players get lost besides us rabid fans following the Twitter updates and such lol.
Missed this one from Storrs Central the other day...

Reaction Score
Rather a damn shame that KFed wasn’t even considered as a semifinalist for the Dick Howser Trophy (NCBWA Player of the Year Award)

Thinking NCBWA selection committee mailed it in w/ their semi-finalist selections:

BIG EAST All-Tournament Team
Jonah Smith, Creighton, Sr., RHP
Ethan Bosacker, Xavier, So., RHP
Ben Casparius, UConn, Jr., RHP
Trevor Olson, Xavier, Sr., LHP
Connor Hood, Seton Hall, Grad., 2B
Ryan Mantle, Creighton, RS
Chris Brown, UConn, Fr., 3B
Natale Monastra, Xavier, Grad., C
Andrew Walker, Xavier, Jr., OF
Kyler Fedko, UConn, So., OF
David Langer, UConn, Sr., DH

Jack Kaiser Most Outstanding Player
Kyler Fedko, UConn, So., OF

Reaction Score
Guess they realized the error in their ways… Kyler Fedko NCBWA First Team All American:

Reaction Score
IMHO… bunch of bullscheetz that K-Fed didn’t make one of the three D1Baseball AA teams:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom