UConn out on Valdir Manuel | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn out on Valdir Manuel

Reaction Score
We’ll be hearing a lot of that especially when it comes to bigs. Few are quality and those will look at the P5 program first. The NBE is better than AAC but it isn’t the old BE and not a P5 no matter what some folks argue. It comes down to revenue and the NBE ain’t got it
NBE is a power conference in basketball and has been rated a top-tier power conference at that.

Reaction Score
We’ll be hearing a lot of that especially when it comes to bigs. Few are quality and those will look at the P5 program first. The NBE is better than AAC but it isn’t the old BE and not a P5 no matter what some folks argue. It comes down to revenue and the NBE ain’t got it

Does it bother you that everything you just wrote is wrong? Do you even care?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

4FAF6385-40AF-4B08-9DBC-1EAE65266D80.jpeg

Reaction Score

Not sure where to post. Very odd situation though
Wow. With Mike Watkins and Lamar Stevens graduating, Manuel found a great landing spot in Penn State where he was instantly penciled into the backup center spot behind John Farrar. Would have easily gotten 10-15 mpg right off the bat and now Penn State is in a bind for bigs.

My guess is they'll be scrambling the grad transfer market for some size, especially since the only other bigs on their roster are Abdou Tshimbila (a '19 commit who hasn't played a minute for the team) and senior Travis Buttrick (who averaged 3.8 minutes/game last season).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That sucks. I was hoping he would come. We need another big. Anyone else left or are we stuck with that we have?
Stuck with? We actually have pretty decent depth, young bit but decent.

Reaction Score
Stuck with? We actually have pretty decent depth, young bit but decent.
To be fair that post was from last July so at the time it was Carlton and a guy in Whaley most wanted to run off the team

Reaction Score
1598114953456.png

Good fit. Six players who averaged 65.7 ppg last season (86% of total scoring) transferred out and Manuel will at least play a backup role behind top-200 recruit Bayron Mattos, with every chance to stake out a starting role.

More importantly, between signing Manuel and getting a waiver for UNC's Jeremiah Francis, it's a good weekend for New Mexico who badly needed one after JB White's murder two weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Is Vance Jackson still there? I used to have so much pain about all these dudes who didn’t commit or transferred out. Used to have to hit ignore on the threads.

Thank you Coach Hurley & staff for clearing up my case of recruiting and defection PTSD for I’m sure many more than just me!!! What an exciting group of talent they’ve put together - and we’re just getting started!

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson is a grad transfer @ Arkansas this year.

Quite the well-traveled young man...
I can't imagine what it'd be like to attend three different schools in a career. At least he'll have a lot of former teammates for life.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So, about that...
I stand by what I said especially when it comes to the upper tier centers (5s)
There are so few and they tend to head to the P5s now
The NBE is not the OBE - yet
When the OBE was THE CONFERENCE - it got many of the top bigs
Lets see what happens down the road
Things can change - hopefully
I am not dissing DH and staff's efforts to date- by any means - they have over achieved by far but I'm seeing this as the norm going forward

Reaction Score
I stand by what I said especially when it comes to the upper tier centers (5s)
There are so few and they tend to head to the P5s now
The NBE is not the OBE - yet
When the OBE was THE CONFERENCE - it got many of the top bigs
Lets see what happens down the road
Things can change - hopefully
I am not dissing DH and staff's efforts to date- by any means - they have over achieved by far but I'm seeing this as the norm going forward
In other words, "I was wrong about Dan Hurley and UConn but I will never admit it"

Reaction Score
That Arkansas program is on the rise for sure., Mussleman adding a good spot up shooter.
His turnover has been impressive. A top-10 recruiting class featuring four top-100 players and five incoming transfers who averaged double-digits their last season of basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom