UConn on Tonight Show | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn on Tonight Show

Reaction Score
I mean they are risking their lives to move through Central America and Mexico to enter our country to pick strawberries. I wonder why? Poor EDU? Have you ever even googled your country?

Reaction Score
We all emigrate for different reasons...

I reckon my Irish ancestors were escaping an agricultural collapse and famine, my Scots ancestors were on the losing side in a war, and I have not figured out why my Prussian ancestors picked up, left their village, and voyaged in a bark from Bremerhaven to settle in the wilds of Wisconsin.

Probably for the same reason that I said goodbye to my hometown, family and friends and moved....to better my life situation. For me it was for education and, later, employment.

We all yearn for a better life...for us, for our children...it is a human condition that probably goes all the way back to the migrations out of Africa.

Reaction Score
1. Have you been to Guatemala? If not, you are doing what you accused me of doing, being ignorant and calling a place a "hell hole" is childish and untrue. So tell me about your trip to Guatemala, otherwise if you have not been you can't really comment on it. Because there are many beautiful things to see here.

2. What "ignorant" cracks have I made about the states? Because, well, I have not made any. Having an opinion that you do not agree with does not make me a "joker". It makes me someone who has a different opinion than you, simple as that.

3. What makes Guatemala a "banana republic" in 2018? Another ignorant crack that ignores the brutal and difficult history of the country, and I will not mention who was involved during that history...

Does not look like a hell hole to me: https://plus.google.com/collection/UI6kSF
Learn a little bit about the world. Disparaging comments like the ones you made about the country are not (or should not be) part of any adult discourse.
Been there. Was late coming back to the states. Trains all full. Nice place...just like all these people think.
upload_2018-3-4_7-14-47.jpeg

Reaction Score
and what makes it a "Sh|t hole"?
Guatemala Corruption Index 1998-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast
Guatemala scored 28 points out of 100 on the 2016 Corruption Perceptions Index reported by Transparency International. Corruption Index in Guatemala averaged 28.67 Points from 1998 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 34 Points in 2009 and a record low of 22 Points in 2004.

Reaction Score
Guys, I grew up in the usa, went to UNI and graduated in the states, etc. I just live here now. Maybe take a look at your own countries issues (school violence on an almost weekly basis, police slayings of unarmed people) and corrupt politicians, epidemic of homelessness (check any city, so many people are without food and shelter even in such a wealthy country) and what they have done around the globe (much of which is unwanted and hurts other nations dearly) before pointing fingers at other countries in a holier than thou fashion. No country is perfect, of course, corruption exists in many, more places than you realize including the usa (the cognitive dissonance is just stronger in regards to that issue in the states. Not many people are even aware of all the tax payer money spent on a 1.5 trillion plane that does not fly, google it). Solve your many issues first.

Skyball, you have not been. Funny how you fail to mention the many nice sites in Antigua, Flores, Tikal, Cayala, etc.

price-list.php

But the way a lot of americans seem to act, any nation that is not the usa is a s***h*le but no worries, ignorance is bliss I suppose!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Guys, I grew up in the usa, went to UNI and graduated in the states, etc. I just live here now. Maybe take a look at your own countries issues (school violence on an almost weekly basis, police slayings of unarmed people) and corrupt politicians, epidemic of homelessness (check any city, so many people are without food and shelter even in such a wealthy country) and what they have done around the globe (much of which is unwanted and hurts other nations dearly) before pointing fingers at other countries in a holier than thou fashion. No country is perfect, of course, corruption exists in many, more places than you realize including the usa (the cognitive dissonance is just stronger in regards to that issue in the states. Not many people are even aware of all the tax payer money spent on a 1.5 trillion plane that does not fly, google it). Solve your many issues first.

Skyball, you have not been. Funny how you fail to mention the many nice sites in Antigua, Flores, Tikal, Cayala, etc.

price-list.php

But the way a lot of americans seem to act, any nation that is not the usa is a s***h*le but no worries, ignorance is bliss I suppose!
I know I haven't been. Should have explained it was a sarcastic post. Also, no trains with Americans on top heading to Guatemala to get away from those American issues you mentioned?

Reaction Score
I know I haven't been. Should have explained it was a sarcastic post. Also, no trains with Americans on top heading to Guatemala to get away from those American issues you mentioned?
Sorry, I did not realize it was a sarcastic post, I guess that is sometimes what happens when passion or emotions get in the way, judgement is clouded. And plenty of countries, including the other ones I have lived in: france, china, colombia and guatemala have issues too, no doubt, and I am willing to have an adult, intelligent conversation with anyone who wants to discuss those issues in guatemala or where ever, but absolutely not at all the way that whaler, etc. approached it in such an ignorant fashion because in that case, I can not promise that those emotions will not get in the way a little, that is just human nature IMO.

Any way, if you have to run from one country to escape issues you will be disappointed because every country you run to has them too so I do not believe in that concept mentioned in your quote, running from problems. Honestly, as it currently stands, I would be a little afraid to raise my future kids in the states with all of the school violence and I do not mean that in a mean, disparaging manner or with malice, but it legit scares me, sorry if that angers some. To be fair I would not want to raise them here or Colombia either.

But hey, I made a comment that obviously pissed some people off and I apologize about what I said about american edu. It was meant more out of concern than malice, even if it felt like more of the later, that is my fault if it felt like the later. Could have been worded better, I am too blunt sometimes but also believe the response by one guy in particular was super rude, uncalled for, incorrect and lacking in basic education in regards to how to treat others. But in the end I do want american EDU to improve and sometimes worry about the direction it is headed in, higher edu included. But any comment I made out of defense of guatemala I do not apologize for, unless I missed the sarcasm as I did above. Any way, I think this is a good place to end it for me as I am no longer interested in carrying on the conversation here and anyone who is interested in learning about DC/metro area, SE CT, Maine, NW France, NE China near Beijing, Guatemala or Colombia can feel free to PM as that will be more rewarding for all involved via that avenue.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

price-list.php

Are you too dimwitted to see that you stared this mess?

You took a stupid comment from an edited tv show that is designed to create stupid comments and pretended it was a reflection of higher ed in the USA.

That is such a ridiculously stupid conclusion that you are lucky all people have done is hammer on the hellhole that is Guatemala.

So quit playing the victim - it’s your own stupidity that brought your hellhole into play.

And yes, the United States is by far and away the greatest Country that has existed on the planet. Even with it’s problems. Sorry not sorry.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry, I did not realize it was a sarcastic post, I guess that is sometimes what happens when passion or emotions get in the way, judgement is clouded. And plenty of countries, including the other ones I have lived in: france, china, colombia and guatemala have issues too, no doubt, and I am willing to have an adult, intelligent conversation with anyone who wants to discuss those issues in guatemala or where ever, but absolutely not at all the way that whaler, etc. approached it in such an ignorant fashion because in that case, I can not promise that those emotions will not get in the way a little, that is just human nature IMO.

Any way, if you have to run from one country to escape issues you will be disappointed because every country you run to has them too so I do not believe in that concept mentioned in your quote, running from problems. Honestly, as it currently stands, I would be a little afraid to raise my future kids in the states with all of the school violence and I do not mean that in a mean, disparaging manner or with malice, but it legit scares me, sorry if that angers some. To be fair I would not want to raise them here or Colombia either.

But hey, I made a comment that obviously pissed some people off and I apologize about what I said about american edu. It was meant more out of concern than malice, even if it felt like more of the later, that is my fault if it felt like the later. Could have been worded better, I am too blunt sometimes but also believe the response by one guy in particular was super rude, uncalled for, incorrect and lacking in basic education in regards to how to treat others. But in the end I do want american EDU to improve and sometimes worry about the direction it is headed in, higher edu included. But any comment I made out of defense of guatemala I do not apologize for, unless I missed the sarcasm as I did above. Any way, I think this is a good place to end it for me as I am no longer interested in carrying on the conversation here and anyone who is interested in learning about DC/metro area, SE CT, Maine, NW France, NE China near Beijing, Guatemala or Colombia can feel free to PM as that will be more rewarding for all involved via that avenue.

Nobody gives a damn about the issues in Guatemala. They just don’t want some dope hanging out in a third world country that can’t get kids through a primary school cluelessly judging elsewhere on some dopey TV clip.

You should probably worry more about getting kidnapped for ransom or getting arrested without any due process - but if college basketball players not going to class keeps you up at night we’ll work on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom