UConn on Tonight Show | The Boneyard

UConn on Tonight Show

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Jimmy Kimmel Live =/= The Tonight Show.

Still, thrilled to see UConn represented!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ouch. Very simple questions. American EDU FTW!

If you were as smart as you think you are you’d have realized long ago that even mentioning academics in a basketball context is idiotic.

Reaction Score
If you were as smart as you think you are you’d have realized long ago that even mentioning academics in a basketball context is idiotic.
So what is the solution? Minus the incorrect and uncalled for personal jabs?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So what is the solution? Minus the incorrect and uncalled for personal jabs?

The solution is to get over it or find another hobby. College basketball has nothing to do with education.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The solution is to get over it or find another hobby. College basketball has nothing to do with education.
Are you sure you drink rum? You sound more like a gin drinker.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And what does that say about American EDU?

I guess it means Americans are idiots and we’d be better off if we did higher ed like Guatemala or whatever third world hellhole you post from.

Or maybe it means that at about 75 schools we’ve all agreed to ignore that a hundred kids are there to play sports and not go to class. Spoiler alert - it has no negative impact on the other kids at the school who go to class.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are you sure you drink rum? You sound more like a gin drinker.

I’ll listen to UConn fans complain about UConn.

Connecticut residents complain about Connecticut.

Americans complain about America.

The 10th time some joker in a banana republic makes some ignorant crack about the States I’m done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I didn’t know his history. I was just impressed by how quickly it turned nasty.

Anywho, speaking of banana republics, have you ever seen Woody Allen’s Bananas ? Great film.

Also speaking of movies, thanks once again for turning me on to the Xfinity movie guide feature. Watching Pulp Fiction thanks to you.

Reaction Score
I didn’t know his history. I was just impressed by how quickly it turned nasty.

Anywho, speaking of banana republics, have you ever seen Woody Allen’s Bananas ? Great film.

Also speaking of movies, thanks once again for turning me on to the Xfinity movie guide feature. Watching Pulp Fiction thanks to you.
Why do you think it turned nasty?

Why is someone a "joker" for asking a question?

What makes Guatemala a "banana republic" in 2018?

I am posting from a "hell hole" ...What makes you say that?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who do you think we are, UNC?

Maybe when you were on campus the basketball team was holed up in the library working out cold fusion.

Things changed.

Reaction Score
The 10th time some joker in a banana republic makes some ignorant crack about the States I’m done.
1. Have you been to Guatemala? If not, you are doing what you accused me of doing, being ignorant and calling a place a "hell hole" is childish and untrue. So tell me about your trip to Guatemala, otherwise if you have not been you can't really comment on it. Because there are many beautiful things to see here.

2. What "ignorant" cracks have I made about the states? Because, well, I have not made any. Having an opinion that you do not agree with does not make me a "joker". It makes me someone who has a different opinion than you, simple as that.

3. What makes Guatemala a "banana republic" in 2018? Another ignorant crack that ignores the brutal and difficult history of the country, and I will not mention who was involved during that history...

Does not look like a hell hole to me: https://plus.google.com/collection/UI6kSF
Learn a little bit about the world. Disparaging comments like the ones you made about the country are not (or should not be) part of any adult discourse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Caron posted a photo on facebook with him in his old UConn jersey saying "bleedblue" "Tuffjuice" How can you not love Caron!!???!!!! I love this man!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. Have you been to Guatemala? If not, you are doing what you accused me of doing, being ignorant and calling a place a "hell hole" is childish and untrue. So tell me about your trip to Guatemala, otherwise if you have not been you can't really comment on it. Because there are many beautiful things to see here.

2. What "ignorant" cracks have I made about the states? Because, well, I have not made any. Having an opinion that you do not agree with does not make me a "joker". It makes me someone who has a different opinion than you, simple as that.

3. What makes Guatemala a "banana republic" in 2018? Another ignorant crack that ignores the brutal and difficult history of the country, and I will not mention who was involved during that history...

Does not look like a hell hole to me: https://plus.google.com/collection/UI6kSF
Learn a little bit about the world. Disparaging comments like the ones you made about the country are not (or should not be) part of any adult discourse.

Everything you post about the US and/or basketball is ignorant.

A never-ending supply of stupid comments.

Again, you think you are smart and party to some adult discourse. You are just naive and clueless.

Whatever does it say about American EDU?!?!?!? I hope it’s so far behind there they still have fainting beds and you don’t hit the floor.

Reaction Score
You can't even back up any of the words you say. You are a miserable person who just likes to bully others, like you just did above. I do not pretend to be anything. I do not pretend to be some super genius or know it all about college ball, but I am a reasonably intelligent (above average intelligence) man who likes to watch basketball. You just like to throw insults at others for god knows what reason. You are incorrect about everything you say about me but it is ok, I forgive you, maybe you had a bad day/month/year/etc. You are also incorrect about Guatemala, a country you have clearly never been to. So why make ignorant comments about it? And yet I am the ignorant one? About what, you can't even come up with one example. But I am beyond that, I don't care. I believe we are all human and deserve the same basic courtesies (except for the worst of the worst) by virtue of being human, like adults and proper adult like conversation, with decorum and compassion and if that is naive in your eyes, well, that is only you and it does not faze me. I have not said a fraction of the nonsense you have spewed towards me and will not stoop to that level.

It is very clear that we do not, and will not, see eye to eye, like, on anything. So with all of that said, I have a very good idea that I think you will agree to (hey, the first thing we agree to, I would think!), lets ignore each other and not respond to each other anymore. There is absolutely NOTHING I can learn from you by engaging with you further, nor do I have the slightest interest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom