UCONN on Francesa today at 4:30???? | The Boneyard

UCONN on Francesa today at 4:30????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only heard the last minute of it but it sounded as if he was discussing Conference Realignment. I think he said that if the Men win out in Irving the Huskies would/might be on the cusp of moving somewhere to another conference. Did anyone hear it in total? I know he is usually a gas bag but just mentioning the Huskies is a good thing in most cases.

Reaction Score
jackl said:
I only heard the last minute of it but it sounded as if he was discussing Conference Realignment. I think he said that if the Men win out in Irving the Huskies would/might be on the cusp of moving somewhere to another conference. Did anyone hear it in total? I know he is usually a gas bag but just mentioning the Huskies is a good thing in most cases.

Does anyone really think a win will result in an immediate invite?

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that.Football drives the bus.

Reaction Score
I don't think a win for the men's team will get UConn an immediate invite to some other conference, but hopefully it at least turns some heads.

Reaction Score
it would probably take both men's and women's both winning it all, and the football team going 9-2, win a bowl game, have a lot of fans travel to said bowl game.. for an immediate invite.. seems doable...

Reaction Score
I was listening. Some UConn fan called up and asked about realignment and if it was done. Francesa really knows nothing about it. He said blah blah football drives the bus but it would help if the men won. Meaningless

Reaction Score
I was listening. Some UConn fan called up and asked about realignment and if it was done. Francesa really knows nothing about it. He said blah blah football drives the bus but it would help if the men won. Meaningless
Thanks, Wasn't sure but had to know.

Reaction Score
The guy on the right represents the power of football compared to the rest of the sports. We could win 5 championships. Unless we can start selling 30K Season's Tickets for football we are not going anywhere soon.

fatguy.jpg

Reaction Score
The P5 must be miserable watching the AAC turn into a solid basketball conference, everyone knows they want it to die. Our success could cause them to come in for another bite.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Fatcesa should stick to making a comments about the Mets, guy should go away

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The P5 must be miserable watching the AAC turn into a solid basketball conference, everyone knows they want it to die. Our success could cause them to come in for another bite.
Much of conference realignment was aimed at the dismantling of the American, when it was known as the Big East. I like to think that someone will eventually realize that it won't die so long a UConn is there to carry it's flag. That was true when it was the Big East and it's true now. If they really want to drive a stake in its heart then UConn needs a P5 home. Otherwise we will keep coming at you.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree with most of the posters in this thread: UCONN winning another championship won't get us out of AAC purgatory. Football success and sold-out Rents (and Yankee Stadium) will be the ultimate deciding factor. MBB and WBB fans should rally behind football this year if we ever want to get out of the AAC.

That said, winning our 4th certainly wouldn't hurt the cause!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Much of conference realignment was aimed at the dismantling of the American, when it was known as the Big East. I like to think that someone will eventually realize that it won't die so long a UConn is there to carry it's flag. That was true when it was the Big East and it's true now. If they really want to drive a stake in its heart then UConn needs a P5 home. Otherwise we will keep coming at you.
UConn Is Nicky Santoro? Go to Rothstein's commentary around 1:10.

NSFW

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with most of the posters in this thread: UCONN winning another championship won't get us out of AAC purgatory. Football success and sold-out Rents (and Yankee Stadium) will be the ultimate deciding factor. MBB and WBB fans should rally behind football this year if we ever want to get out of the AAC.

That said, winning our 4th certainly wouldn't hurt the cause!
I agree with this. However, I think UConn playing at MSG for the regional rounds and having the fans show up in such numbers that the place felt like playing a home game wa HUGE help for UConn. It showed how much NYC is part of UConn Country. I get football drives the bus. However, so do eyeballs and NYC is ground zero for the B1G and the ACC. The more UConn shows it's presence there, the better off they will be in future CR. Filling Yankee Stadium will be a huge boost as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom