UCONN+ on Android question | The Boneyard

UCONN+ on Android question

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
When UCONN+ was first announced, the platforms that were supported were Apple, Firestick and Roku. I believe that some games were streamed or available on this app.
Today, I discovered that the app can be added to Android phones so I downloaded it.
I believe that the Nov 4th exhibition game will be on UCONN+, so, will I be able to use my phone to watch the game or will I have to use my Roku? Anyone know? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I'm going to check into this also as I lost SNY on Youtube TV this year.

BTW, if you have an updated version of android and a newish phone, you can very likely cast the broadcast from your android phone to your roku/TV in real time.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Thanks, I'm going to check into this also as I lost SNY on Youtube TV this year.

BTW, if you have an updated version of android and a newish phone, you can very likely cast the broadcast from your android phone to your roku/TV in real time.
Thanks for the casting suggestion but unfortunately my visiting grandson has control of the tv on Saturdays. If he wasn't here, I would use my Roku to view the broadcast.

Reaction Score

So as someone who is completely inept in technology, could you help me understand this? Lost SNY from Fyre TV. So what's UConn+ and...huh? I said I was inept!!!

Reaction Score
Pleased to assist. First go to UConn+ on your internet browser and explore what is available there, also bookmark it. Then determine if your device store, be it the APP STORE, GOOGLE PLAY STORE, or the AMAZON STORE, and search for the UConn+ app, and download it.

Here's the link to UConn+ on the web:

Then come back at me for any setup process questions you have. ;)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
When UCONN+ was first announced, the platforms that were supported were Apple, Firestick and Roku. I believe that some games were streamed or available on this app.
Today, I discovered that the app can be added to Android phones so I downloaded it.
I believe that the Nov 4th exhibition game will be on UCONN+, so, will I be able to use my phone to watch the game or will I have to use my Roku? Anyone know? Thanks.
Answering my own question.
Using the UCONN+ app on my phone, the game is on the November 4th schedule. I am now 99.9% sure that I can watch the game using my phone.
But better yet, my grandson will be watching a different tv, or using his VR headset, in a different room so I can tune in via my Roku.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
So as someone who is completely inept in technology, could you help me understand this? Lost SNY from Fyre TV. So what's UConn+ and...huh? I said I was inept!!!
First thing is that UCONN+ and SNY broadcasts are totally unrelated.
If you no longer have access to SNY broadcasts, you can stream the SNY broadcasts via the Fox Sports app. The Fox Sports app would need to be downloaded to a Smart TV or streaming device, such as Amazon Firestick, Roku, Xbox or AppleTV. The caveat is that you must be subscribed to your local Fox station and FS1 via your tv provider, Fyre TV, as you will have to login to the Fox Sports app using your TV provider credentials.
UCONN+ is a streaming service that is available using Apple TV, Amazon Firestick, Roku and Android phones or via UCONNPlus.tv using a web browser on a computer or laptop. UCONN+ is provided for free by the University. At this point I have no idea if games being broadcast by SNY, ESPN, CBSSN, FOX or FS1 will also be available live via UCONN+. The games will most likely be listed on the UCONN+ schedule but I don't know if there will be an actual link to the broadcast.
The November 4th exhibition game will definitely be available on UCONN+ only.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom