2022 Recruiting: - UConn Offers Yann Farrell - update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: UConn Offers Yann Farrell - update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Four-star wing Yann Farell updates his recruitment
Anyone have 24/7 access?

Four-star wing Yann Farell updates his recruitment
UConn has also been picking up steam with the talented wing hosting a zoom call with the entire coaching staff last Thursday, showing a lot of interest in Farell.

“Former PSA player James Bouknight is on the team and I watch him a lot and I really like what they do with him at UConn and I want to do the same thing,” Farrell said. “I talk to the head coach and assistant coach, we talk about what happens at UConn and how they play. They tell me to watch film and study how they play. I really like their team. They play one on one, zones, fast breaks, set a lot of screens, and that's the type of stuff I like a lot.They tell me they really like my game because I can play both sides of the ball. Just an overall player.”

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
UConn has also been picking up steam with the talented wing hosting a zoom call with the entire coaching staff last Thursday, showing a lot of interest in Farell.

“Former PSA player James Bouknight is on the team and I watch him a lot and I really like what they do with him at UConn and I want to do the same thing,” Farrell said. “I talk to the head coach and assistant coach, we talk about what happens at UConn and how they play. They tell me to watch film and study how they play. I really like their team. They play one on one, zones, fast breaks, set a lot of screens, and that's the type of stuff I like a lot.They tell me they really like my game because I can play both sides of the ball. Just an overall player.”

At some level, this very detailed quote tells me he’s buying what the Staff is selling - very cool insight, thanks for sharing

Reaction Score
I don't know if Brewster will be allowing fans at games, but I would love to see Farrell who I have not seen yet. Etienne is also there now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. I like hearing recruits say the staff challenges them to watch UConn film and tell the coaches what they see from a player's perspective. Gives coaches insight on to a player's ability to study and break down film. Also lets coaches see how the recruits view themselves fitting in to system. Great technique used in business for interviewing and recruiting.
2. Don't like the name Yann. Pass.

Reaction Score
1. I like hearing recruits say the staff challenges them to watch UConn film and tell the coaches what they see from a player's perspective. Gives coaches insight on to a player's ability to study and break down film. Also lets coaches see how the recruits view themselves fitting in to system. Great technique used in business for interviewing and recruiting.
Who knows how much this type of thing happens in recruiting, but I like that this would in essence let them know that a kid isn't just going to think they show up and start and be a star. Almost making them 'earn' the scholarship being offered, and giving the staff the knowledge they will be a workhorse with their head in the game fully

Reaction Score

It's great because it's 3 ways to weed out people in 1. We want kids who can mentally play the game at a high level, that are passionate enough about it to spend time on "homework" for it when they're still in high school, and who are interested in UConn enough to follow through.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Would Yam or Yamm work?

Reaction Score
Just updated today I believe

Attachments

• 8DB79531-1F6A-4870-9FE4-6A8BE5CCC3E8.jpeg
    8DB79531-1F6A-4870-9FE4-6A8BE5CCC3E8.jpeg
    880.6 KB · Views: 634
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online