2020 Recruiting: - UConn offers SF Jordan Geronimo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: UConn offers SF Jordan Geronimo

Reaction Score
Yes, three player class covering all three positions. Don't understand what's going on with Jackson, I love his freakish athleticism but Geronimo is a stud who has the right package of skills to be a stud. Athletic, shooter, great D.
Who are we assuming leaves to open up the third spot?

Reaction Score
I just don't think that's a given at all. We'll see I guess

It's not. I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors, including his health and both individual and team success this season....I think if he has a good year and we make the tournament he will leave. Obviously, not a given but I'm hopeful.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's not. I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors, including his health and both individual and team success this season....I think if he has a good year and we make the tournament he will leave. Obviously, not a given but I'm hopeful.

I'm not hopeful that he leaves. He's our best player. But clearly with the addition of Cole, Hurley has built the team in anticipation that this may happen.

Reaction Score
I'm not hopeful that he leaves. He's our best player. But clearly with the addition of Cole, Hurley has built the team in anticipation that this may happen.
I think he means that he's hopeful that Alterique and the team are successful enough this year that it makes the most sense for him to leave.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he means that he's hopeful that Alterique and the team are successful enough this year that it makes the most sense for him to leave.

Ahh yes. That's more fair to @Kenny11.

C

Chief00

Never thought New Hampshire would be such a recruiting hotbed! LOL

With Akok from there too.

Reaction Score

agreed. losing gilbert is preferable to losing carlton. even more so if we miss on cliff/cardwell.

Reaction Score
Or if we’re successful both this season and in recruiting, he will stay to try and make a deep tourney run. You only get to play college ball once. (Well four if you’re counting per year but you get my point)

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I’d replace Geronimo with Richmond. He’s an inch shorter, but a much better ball handler, passer, and has a bit of a cult following in Brooklyn which is always nice. Geronimo might be the biggest late bloomer in the class and is a great talent too, though.
Id be very very pleased with that as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’d replace Geronimo with Richmond. He’s an inch shorter, but a much better ball handler, passer, and has a bit of a cult following in Brooklyn which is always nice. Geronimo might be the biggest late bloomer in the class and is a great talent too, though.

Out of curiosity, which is more athletic? Who's got the higher ceiling?

Reaction Score
Geronimo has a higher vertical, but probably won’t ever have the lead guard type skills Richmond has. The ceiling question is up to your interpretation. I personally think Richmond, but Geronimo could be a really good 3 and D guy so you could make the case for him too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Geronimo has more explosiveness, a great body and a really nice jumpshot. Right now he is still just doing what the coach asks of him and not much more and he is thriving. His potential is very high...on defense too.

Richmond has more "game." He can create. He has a variety of crossovers, hesitation moves, fancy footwork and other flashy dribble moves to get to the paint. Plus he is really big. He has a similar game to Bones Hyland who we recruited except Richmond is much bigger.

Reaction Score
Geronimo has more explosiveness, a great body and a really nice jumpshot. Right now he is still just doing what the coach asks of him and not much more and he is thriving. His potential is very high...on defense too.

Richmond has more "game." He can create. He has a variety of crossovers, hesitation moves, fancy footwork and other flashy dribble moves to get to the paint. Plus he is really big. He has a similar game to Bones Hyland who we recruited except Richmond is much bigger.
Your scouting report makes me think that if we don't get Cam Thomas, Richmond would be a better option than Geronimo. If we get Thomas and miss on Jackson, then Geronimo might be a better fit.

Reaction Score
I feel like whether we get Geronimo or not, he’s going to be a stud in college

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Geronimo has a higher vertical, but probably won’t ever have the lead guard type skills Richmond has. The ceiling question is up to your interpretation. I personally think Richmond, but Geronimo could be a really good 3 and D guy so you could make the case for him too.

Based on your descriptions only, I'd prefer Richmond. He sounds more plug and play. That 2020 should be able to compete, and having a big physical guard who's skilled is a missing piece. And he's ready to go from day 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom