UConn offers AJ Griffin (5* Wing) | The Boneyard

UConn offers AJ Griffin (5* Wing)

Reaction Score
Next couple years are big because success on the court could lead to a HUGE 2021 class. Cisse and Griffin are legitimate top 10 guys from NY that the staff will pursue hard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
His sister is the only US high school recruit Geno is bringing in next year. From Osining, New York I believe. Ranked like 33rd.
He also brought in Polish 6' 1" guard Ania (Anna) Makurat and has 2 transfers 6' 1" forward grad transfer Evelyn Adebayo (averaged 18 ppg 11 rpg and 9 blocks) and Tennessee leading scorer point guard 6' Evina Westbrook (#2 player in HS class behind UConn's Megan Walker.) He also picked up the # 1 US high school senior Paige Bueckers and top Croatian guard Nika Muhl for 2020. All of this in the past few weeks. Geno has been busy.

Reaction Score
He also brought in Polish 6' 1" guard Ania (Anna) Makurat and has 2 transfers 6' 1" forward grad transfer Evelyn Adebayo (averaged 18 ppg 11 rpg and 9 blocks) and Tennessee leading scorer point guard 6' Evina Westbrook (#2 player in HS class behind UConn's Megan Walker.) He also picked up the # 1 US high school senior Paige Bueckers and top Croatian guard Nika Muhl for 2020. All of this in the past few weeks. Geno has been busy.

*.9 blocks. 9 blocks per game would be some sort of record.

CL82

Reaction Score
*.9 blocks. 9 blocks per game would be some sort of record.
See below, it's 9 for the season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His sister is the only recruit Geno is bringing in next year. From Osining, New York I believe. Ranked like 33rd.

She was. He now has four kids coming in, including Tennessee’s starting PG.

C

Chief00

Spent a lot of time at the hall when this team played. Luther Wright was a beast. Gentle as a lamb. Always in the cafeteria. My high school snowball date was Hurley’s girlfriends roommate. He and I had an awkward interaction. Just really wanted to name drop. Next I’ll tell you about how my assistant professors landscapers cousin brought a pizza at a place Derek jeter did when he was in high school.
Yeah, best to leave the incidental potentially awkward conversations to Chief. LOL

C

Chief00

Next couple years are big because success on the court could lead to a HUGE 2021 class. Cisse and Griffin are legitimate top 10 guys from NY that the staff will pursue hard.
The grind continues and you can start to see how the pieces may start to fit in the puzzle. As Chief has been saying - be patient - it’s a process - good things will happen.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they’ve stayed friends.

Not close, but they were cool enough with each other as teammates- but not enough to have that be a deciding factor.

Luther Wright, who was mentioned in this thread, is a wonderful guy, who’s dealt with a lot. He had to leave St. Anthony, but he was tight with Dan in college.

Reaction Score
The grind continues and you can start to see how the pieces may start to fit in the puzzle. As Chief has been saying - be patient - it’s a process - good things will happen.
Are you saying that the dam is ready to break in 2021?

Reaction Score
From USA Basketball U16 Trials.

•After the three names above, AJ Griffin was the most impressive prospect at camp. His physical make up is outstanding, as he has broad shoulders, long arms (7-foot wingspan), stands 6-foot-7 and is a tremendous athlete. His strength allows him to over power defenders to the rim at this stage, but he's also an improving shooter. He made a bunch of threes, both off the catch and dribble and is a proven threat from distance. To go with that, Griffin is tough to stop in transition, is a very good rebounder and has a ton of potential on the defensive end, as he can guard the two through the four.

Reaction Score

I don’t have premium but here’s another article about him. Based on the title I’m guessing they mention his sister & UConn

Reaction Score

I don’t have premium but here’s another article about him. Based on the title I’m guessing they mention his sister & UConn

No mention of his sister. That reference has to do with his father.

C

Chief00

Geno got complacent the last couple of years recruiting and delegated too much to assistants, who could not get the job done by themselves. He got a real wake up call and responded.

CL82

Reaction Score
Geno got complacent the last couple of years recruiting and delegated too much to assistants, who could not get the job done by themselves. He got a real wake up call and responded.
Really? I just assume the law of averages had caught up with us.

If Azura Stevens, a 6'6" center, doesn't leave early, he's likely got another natty. Alternatively, Batouly Carmara, a physical PF, center is healthy, he's got another natty. If he had both he's got another 100 plus game unbeaten streak and two natties. He had the pieces in place, he just got unlucky. Even with that bad luck, UConn still lost 3 close games in the final four. Two on last second overtime shots.

That said we have lost out on some bigs, to ND, Baylor, SC and Texas. You may well be right that that was a function of delegation. It is the first that I've heard of it though.

C

Chief00

Really? I just assume the law of averages had caught up with us.

If Azura Stevens, a 6'6" center, doesn't leave early, he's likely got another natty. Alternatively, Batouly Carmara, a physical PF, center is healthy, he's got another natty. If he had both he's got another 100 plus game unbeaten streak and two natties. He had the pieces in place, he just got unlucky. Even with that bad luck, UConn still lost 3 close games in the final four. Two on last second overtime shots.

That said we have lost out on some bigs, to ND, Baylor, SC and Texas. You may well be right that that was a function of delegation. It is the first that I've heard of it though.

Well, we see what he accomplished once he got energized after losing in the F4/missing out on recruits. True, he had some bad luck but that’s why you have a little depth. Not that he’s ever played more than 8 really, but he had like 3 or 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom