UConn Offensive Line Coach - Frank Giufre | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Offensive Line Coach - Frank Giufre

Reaction Score
Question, was Frank Giufre the offensive line quality control coach when Andrew Luck was getting slaughtered by NFL defenses? Just asking for the current UConn QB's.
Here's an interesting article on the Colts O-Line from 2016. Only once has Luck had the same O-Line in front of him for 3 consecutive weeks during his first 60 games. He had 1 LT, 9 LGs, 6 Cs, 8 RGs, and 8 RTs. Ouch.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...offensive-line-getting-better-worse/91951522/

Reaction Score
I think it's natural to look at the Colts O-line in recent years and be skeptical about the hire, but I'll trust RE on this one. There's a lot more that goes into building an NFL offensive line than the offense quality control assistant can control.

Reaction Score
God I love the boneyard its gotta be the only place where someone on the 4th tier of coaching(offensive line assistant, behind the head coach, and offensive coordinator, and offensive line coach), gets 1st tier blame for the fault of an offensive line.
This is nothing compared to the MBB board right now. For once, this is where I'm coming for some optimism.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
God I love the boneyard its gotta be the only place where someone on the 4th tier of coaching(offensive line assistant, behind the head coach, and offensive coordinator, and offensive line coach), gets 1st tier blame for the fault of an offensive line.

Would you rather we debate if the new coach is just fat enough to be effective or too close being golf cart fat based solely on the headshot?

Reaction Score
Would you rather we debate if the new coach is just fat enough to be effective or too close being golf cart fat based solely on the headshot?
I dunno, but didn't he have a role in The Sopranos in a prior life? Just askin' ....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is nothing compared to the MBB board right now. For once, this is where I'm coming for some optimism.

100% true statement...

Reaction Score
Great. Uconn hired an O-line coach that actually played and looks like he played on the O-line. Now, can the guy recruit D-1 caliber linemen to UConn? If he can do that and develop them into NFL possibles then we have something.

Reaction Score
Great. Uconn hired an O-line coach that actually played and looks like he played on the O-line. Now, can the guy recruit D-1 caliber linemen to UConn? If he can do that and develop them into NFL possibles then we have something.
Gotta think he has a unique perspective which combined with his playing experience and QC work has gotta make him really well qualified to coach technique, quickness and mobility. Now, if Dunn can only resist the temptation to give the playbook another major overhaul, they will be just fine.

Reaction Score
Gotta think he has a unique perspective which combined with his playing experience and QC work has gotta make him really well qualified to coach technique, quickness and mobility. Now, if Dunn can only resist the temptation to give the playbook another major overhaul, they will be just fine.
The playbook is likely going to be completely overhauled. All the jet motion and misdirection we ran last year was Wing-T based. If we're moving to a "Pro" style offense I don't see us incorporating those philosophies

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This guy sounds like such a great choice. Congrats HCRE !

Reaction Score
The playbook is likely going to be completely overhauled. All the jet motion and misdirection we ran last year was Wing-T based. If we're moving to a "Pro" style offense I don't see us incorporating those philosophies
Thought I read where openness to utilizing some of the existing playbook was a factor in RE's selection of our new OC. IIRC, JD's post-hiring comments seemed to confirm that he would be doing some of that.

Reaction Score
Thought I read where openness to utilizing some of the existing playbook was a factor in RE's selection of our new OC. IIRC, JD's post-hiring comments seemed to confirm that he would be doing some of that.
That is what I thought too. My impression was that some pro sets would be used but the basic offense would not be changed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom