UConn Offensive Line Coach - Frank Giufre | The Boneyard

UConn Offensive Line Coach - Frank Giufre

Reaction Score

>>Giufre spent the last six seasons as the offensive quality control coach for the Indianapolis Colts. As part of his duties as the offensive quality control coach he served as the assistant tight ends coach during the 2012 season and as the assistant offensive line coach from 2013-17.

In total, Giufre has 17 years of coaching experience, including 11 seasons in college football.

“I’m pleased to have Frank join our staff and coach our offensive line, Edsall said. “His attention to detail and ability to teach and coach the fundamentals and techniques of offensive line play will benefit our young offensive line. Having college and pro experience really fit what I was looking for in an offensive line coach and after talking with Bruce (Arians), Chuck (Pagano) and Coach Cosgrove (former Maine head coach) it was apparent to me that Frank was our guy. He has a great ability to connect with the student-athletes and will be a tremendous asset on the recruiting trail.”<<

Reaction Score
If the guy can continue the development that Grimes started and can recruit that's all that matters. I will say though that Andrew Luck didn't get bounced around like a pinãta at a kids birthday party because of a stellar OL in Indy.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes he has NFL and college coaching experience, but I like the fact the guy played for five seasons at Syracuse making five bowl games. That is real college experience as a student athlete at the P6 level that should give him some extra street cred beyond the NFL.

Northeast guy - that cuts down on the cold weather flight risk!

No connection to Dunn - too bad.

Reaction Score
71F195F5-3273-4C0C-A922-2304B8DEE25F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yes he has NFL and college coaching experience, but I like the fact the guy played for five seasons at Syracuse making five bowl games. That is real college experience as a student athlete at the P6 level that should give him some extra street cred beyond the NFL.

LMFAO!!!

Reaction Score
Safe hire with local, college, and NFL connections. The FCS experience means is accustomed to bringing kids without the recruiting hype and making them into quality linemen. He has seen a lot on the NFL side, but didn't climb the coaching latter. I don't think Edsall has to worry about him departing for greener pastures in a year or two.

Reaction Score

Like what you did there... :D

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn goes from a very small line coach to a big man teaching the line. It will be interesting to see how his style is compared to Grimes

Reaction Score
HCRE just might have discussed Frankie G with a couple of his favorite players: ex-Colt Donald Brown and current Colt Darius Butler. DO was not with the Colts during Giufre's tenture.

Reaction Score
Question, was Frank Giufre the offensive line quality control coach when Andrew Luck was getting slaughtered by NFL defenses? Just asking for the current UConn QB's.

Reaction Score
Question, was Frank Giufre the offensive line quality control coach when Andrew Luck was getting slaughtered by NFL defenses? Just asking for the current UConn QB's.
Yeah that’s an easy question to answer yourself...just look at his employment dates with the Colts and see if it transpires to that last 3 seasons. If you answer yes then..jackpot you are a winner!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom