UConn OCC schedule 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn OCC schedule 2022

Reaction Score
I think ND will be much improved. Want them to rot on the vine, but that doesn't appear likely especially with the recruitment of Miles and Citron. ND has some solid pieces. I would say definitely top 25, maybe top 20 depending on transfers and how all the other team shake out. I think Duke will be knocking on the top 25 door as well. Kara cleaned up in the portal.
Agree-Olivia Miles and Westbeld are studs in waiting. ND needs athleticism in the post.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agree-Olivia Miles and Westbeld are studs in waiting. ND needs athleticism in the post.
Ivey has a well-earned reputation as a top recruiter. It remains to be seen whether she’s able to develop a championship caliber team as a HC. ND is in a somewhat precarious position right now. After 2 straight subpar seasons, the future has to be now, lest Irish WBB permanently becomes a second tier school in the ACC, just like MBB.

Reaction Score
With other schools having UConn staff as coaches I would like to see UConn play home and home games with them. That would include: Vandy, Wisconsin; Temple and even Princeton. Then through in a couple of games on the West Coast or teams from Florida. This will help our opposing teams that have helped UConn over the years. As for the others it would just be nice travel destinations. No need to play teams like Virginia, Oklahoma and in all honesty Baylor, Notre Dame or Tennessee. Bring on LSU. I'm a Kim fan.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I have no way of knowing, Paige’s rise as a true basketball media star may allow Geno to secure several great home-and-home matchups fueled by national tv deals with networks actually bidding up the broadcast rights to the point where potential UConn opponents will say yes.

Iowa-UConn has already been mentioned. How about a matchup at MSG with MD or Stanford. Certainly, everyone in LA wants to see Paige at Pauley or even the LA Forum against UCLA.

Paige and UConn WBB could be able to greatly increase fan interest in WBB, while at the same time allowing UConn to schedule a tough OOC schedule that the Huskies just can’t get in the BE. Everyone loves it when the circus comes to town.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since Geno likes to give his seniors a game near their hometown, CW was taken care of last season, E would have a Oregon game (an hour away) or a Orgon State game (45 minutes away) and ONO would have a Georgia team.

Reaction Score
There are three seniors but only one senior game at this point, for Evina. What about Christyn and Olivia? No UALR anymore and no GA team.

Reaction Score
With other schools having UConn staff as coaches I would like to see UConn play home and home games with them. That would include: Vandy, Wisconsin; Temple and even Princeton. Then through in a couple of games on the West Coast or teams from Florida. This will help our opposing teams that have helped UConn over the years. As for the others it would just be nice travel destinations. No need to play teams like Virginia, Oklahoma and in all honesty Baylor, Notre Dame or Tennessee. Bring on LSU. I'm a Kim fan.
We can't afford throw away games thanks to the 20 game Big East requirement.

Reaction Score
I had posted pretty much the same thing! ND should be much improved.
Agreed to an extent. Miles will definitely help, and her experience this year should make her a better performing freshman. A lot rides on Citron and which Brunelle shows up. At this point you know to expect good things from Westbeld and good defense from Dodson. For our sake I hope they can land between 20-25th ranked.

As far as our schedule goes, I hope the tbd games include a few big time opponents. It’s a decent OOC schedule so far but nothing too crazy. Stanford, Louisville, Iowa, NC State, Maryland or Indiana would be good options. Do any seniors still need home games? I know we played Arkansas and have Oregon. Maybe a Georgia/Georgia Tech game for ONO?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are three seniors but only one senior game at this point, for Evina. What about Christyn and Olivia? No UALR anymore and no GA team.
I obviously have no info about it but I would think a competitive coach like Nell Fortner and GA. Tech might be open to a home and home with UConn for ONO. Williams got hers last season at Arkansas.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Since Geno likes to give his seniors a game near their hometown, CW was taken care of last season, E would have a Oregon game (an hour away) or a Orgon State game (45 minutes away) and ONO would have a Georgia team.
We are at Oregon this coming season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wish UCONN would schedule Arizona. It would be nice to have another shot at them!
Well Coach Barnes did indicate she thinks her team is “# 1” with her gesture following the UConn game.........,?

Reaction Score
Iowa-UConn should be a game that ESPN or FOX should make happen. The ratings would be fantastic.
As much as I hate ESPN, there coverage of WCBB is farrrrrrr superior to Fox, at this point. I think they should get a game UCONN a game at Iowa and another in some sort of HOF challenge in Springfield.

Reaction Score
With all the players Q lost to the portal, if the Cuse gets matched up with a loaded UConn team in November, it could be a massacre.
All of the B4A games will be massacres except maybe USF, if they’re even in UConns bracket.

Reaction Score
How about resuming the UConn - Duke series, now that there is a new coach of the Blue Devils?
Until they’re actually back, no interest. UConn needs big time competition from these few OOC games. So Carolina qualifies. Ore Tex maybe. ND unclear.

I hope these are on the short list:
Stanford NCSt Iowa Maryland Georgia Louisville Baylor

Reaction Score
While I have no way of knowing, Paige’s rise as a true basketball media star may allow Geno to secure several great home-and-home matchups fueled by national tv deals with networks actually bidding up the broadcast rights to the point where potential UConn opponents will say yes.

Iowa-UConn has already been mentioned. How about a matchup at MSG with MD or Stanford. Certainly, everyone in LA wants to see Paige at Pauley or even the LA Forum against UCLA.

Paige and UConn WBB could be able to greatly increase fan interest in WBB, while at the same time allowing UConn to schedule a tough OOC schedule that the Huskies just can’t get in the BE. Everyone loves it when the circus comes to town.
Im skeptical MSG would be interested. When you're booked 300+ days a year, you can be picky and only choose events that will generate $$$$.

UCLA was 44th in attendance in 2020. WCBB interest out there is pretty weak.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Im skeptical MSG would be interested. When you're booked 300+ days a year, you can be picky and only choose events that will generate $$$$.

UCLA was 44th in attendance in 2020. WCBB interest out there is pretty weak.
If Paige is truly a transformational player in WBB with a broad appeal to people who have never watched WBB before, then past history may not be a predicate for what lies ahead. Think Tiger Woods and golf. One unfortunate aspects of this past season is that SRO crowds didn’t have the opportunity to watch the Paige Bueckers show in person.

Ultimately, where the games are played are less important than the national tv coverage in determining whether or not they happen. From a personal standpoint, my wife and I are hoping it’s safe to travel to the Bahamas in November, a place we’ve never been, so she can swim with the dolphins and I can watch the Huskies run.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'll repeat - it takes both sides to make it work. Besides many schedules are built out 2 years in advance. Its not as easy as many think to schedule opponents that are not in the conference.

Many good teams have been mentioned. How many really want to play UConn? We know Mulkey ducked UConn until she felt she could beat us. And she had the best record against UConn at .500. Duke decided no more after the last beat down. Stanford pulled out of the last home on home. Our record against Stanford is 11 - 7. Our record against Tennessee is 15 - 9. I know many want ND again. Not the ND of the Muffet era. Our record against ND is a whopping 38 - 13.

South Florida will be on the schedule. But not this year. Jose definitely wants to play UConn. It might be 22 - 23. Tennessee, probably not. Don't know about Louisville. They have only beaten us twice. Brenda and Maryland - don't see it happening. Brenda has yet to beat Geno and company.

I may not be a Dawn Staley fan, but she has no problem playing UConn. SC is 1 - 8 against us.

Reaction Score
For very selfish personal reasons, adding Maryland to the schedule would be fine with me. ;)

Reaction Score
Syracuse as a possible opponent ... what to say. How many active players on the roster will he have? He's been a good recruiter and he got a fair number already from the portal to my undying puzzlement.
I hope we can bail on this one. Let's get a real opponent.

Reaction Score
I'll repeat - it takes both sides to make it work. Besides many schedules are built out 2 years in advance. Its not as easy as many think to schedule opponents that are not in the conference.
. . .
I may not be a Dawn Staley fan, but she has no problem playing UConn. SC is 1 - 8 against us.
Which is why UConn is still "the team to beat" (re another thread.)

You can't be the champ 'til you beat the champ. (boxing maxim). Y'all might not be the champ, but you are still THE program. We don't just want to be the champs, we want to develop into "the program" or, at least, "the other program." It will take a long time and I hope we play each other the rest of my life. (hopefully, a couple of decades)

Big crowds on TV help the sport. Our two programs can deliver. That's also why I wish you guys would keep the Vol "rivalry" going.

I wish every season for us was:
One annual Instate small school, like Furman, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina, Wofford etc (they need to play in the big house for the good of the sport in our state)
Clemson (Can't believe that game was cancelled last year)
Conference schedule
UConn
6 more games against the remainder of the previous year's Elite 8 ( assuming SCar & UConn were in that group)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom