UConn OCC schedule 2022 | The Boneyard

UConn OCC schedule 2022

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am trying to understand what Alexa is saying regarding what our OOC schedule looks like but I am confused

My understanding (30 game schedule)

Big East Games 20
Home: Texas, Notre Dame
Away: Oregon, South Carolina
Neutral: Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 20-22) (3 games)
South Carolina, Buffalo, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Florida, Minnesota and Syracuse

Three to get (Alexa says 4?) since some others fell through due to scheduling?

Reaction Score
I am trying to understand what Alexa is saying regarding what our OOC schedule looks like but I am confused

My understanding (30 game schedule)

Big East Games 20
Home: Texas, Notre Dame
Away: Oregon, South Carolina
Neutral: Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 20-22) (3 games)
South Carolina, Buffalo, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Florida, Minnesota and Syracuse

Three to get (Alexa says 4?) since some others fell through due to scheduling?
An Xmas tournament would be the best Avenue at this point.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Syracuse as a possible opponent ... what to say. How many active players on the roster will he have? He's been a good recruiter and he got a fair number already from the portal to my undying puzzlement.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn't Tennessee going to be on the schedule next year?
The home & home with TN is complete. KJH suggested that she wanted to re-establish the UConn-TN game annually. Geno is less than enthusiastic at this point.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Syracuse as a possible opponent ... what to say. How many active players on the roster will he have? He's been a good recruiter and he got a fair number already from the portal to my undying puzzlement.
With all the players Q lost to the portal, if the Cuse gets matched up with a loaded UConn team in November, it could be a massacre.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Notre Dame(who did not make the NCAA Tourney) will not be a game of interest, as in the past.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Iowa-UConn should be a game that ESPN or FOX should make happen. The ratings would be fantastic.
and maybe Hailey Van Lith takes a big jump with Dana Evans graduated. That would be fun.

Reaction Score
There is sometimes confusion as to how many games a team may schedule. Each team has a choice of two possible scheduling paths:

1. 29 contests (games or scrimmages) during a playing season in which the institution does not participate in a qualifying regular-season multiple-team event; OR
3. 27 games, plus one qualifying regular-season multiple-team event.

For a tournament to qualify as a multiple-team event for scheduling purposes, the following criteria must be met:

(a) The event is sponsored by the NCAA, an active member or a member conference of the Association or the Women's Basketball Coaches Association;
(b) The event includes not more than four contests per institution and concludes not later than 14 days after the first contest of the event;
(c) Participation is limited, by conference, to one team per conference and, by institution, to not more than once in the same event in any four-year period.

The above really probably needs to be tightened up somewhat because it allows bogus patchwork "tournaments" to be put together for teams seeking to get an extra game. Note that to qualify as a multiple-team tournament, there doesn't have to be any common site. There were men's events last year where five or six different sites were used, all over the country - with no more than one game on a given day.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Notre Dame(who did not make the NCAA Tourney) will not be a game of interest, as in the past.
I think ND will be much improved. Want them to rot on the vine, but that doesn't appear likely especially with the recruitment of Miles and Citron. ND has some solid pieces. I would say definitely top 25, maybe top 20 depending on transfers and how all the other team shake out. I think Duke will be knocking on the top 25 door as well. Kara cleaned up in the portal.

Reaction Score
I think ND will be much improved. Want them to rot on the vine, but that doesn't appear likely especially with the recruitment of Miles and Citron. ND has some solid pieces. I would say definitely top 25, maybe top 20 depending on transfers and how all the other team shake out. I think Duke will be knocking on the top 25 door as well. Kara cleaned up in the portal.
I had posted pretty much the same thing! ND should be much improved.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How about resuming the UConn - Duke series, now that there is a new coach of the Blue Devils?

no time.jpg

Reaction Score
Hopefully yall can put North Carolina back on the schedule... and then beat em down by 80+ points.

Hopefully yall can put North Carolina back on the schedule... and then beat em down by 80+ points.
That sounds like murder-- not legal in most places. And you do know that the majority here like their coach as much as we do yours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom