UConn OCC schedule 2022 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn OCC schedule 2022

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope we can bail on this one. Let's get a real opponent.
Probably can’t bail on the Cuse so long as UConn $ Syracuse participate in the Paradise Jam in November.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
If Paige is truly a transformational player in WBB with a broad appeal to people who have never watched WBB before, then past history may not be a predicate for what lies ahead. Think Tiger Woods and golf. One unfortunate aspects of this past season is that SRO crowds didn’t have the opportunity to watch the Paige Bueckers show in person.

Ultimately, where the games are played are less important than the national tv coverage in determining whether or not they happen. From a personal standpoint, my wife and I are hoping it’s safe to travel to the Bahamas in November, a place we’ve never been, so she can swim with the dolphins and I can watch the Huskies run.
Hope things fall in line for you, my wife and I both wanted to go to the Bahamas as well. Turns out that 21\2 years ago we went there excited by The Bahama mystic and flashy TV commercials. Turns out it was our least favorite vacation of the last 20 years, can't remember much before that so 20 years is fair. Everything was over crowded and underwhelming. The best thing was the river tubing at the big resort. I know enjoyed vacation destinations are different for everyone and hope if you make it you and the Mrs. have all the fun and enjoyment that eluded us. As an after thought our favorite animal encounter was Stingray Bay, however it's not in the Bahamas, but there is a stingray experience there. We never had a dolphin swim, My Bro and his wife did and loved it. ??

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hope things fall in line for you, my wife and I both wanted to go to the Bahamas as well. Turns out that 21\2 years ago we went there excited by The Bahama mystic and flashy TV commercials. Turns out it was our least favorite vacation of the last 20 years, can't remember much before that so 20 years is fair. Everything was over crowded and underwhelming. The best thing was the river tubing at the big resort. I know enjoyed vacation destinations are different for everyone and hope if you make it you and the Mrs. have all the fun and enjoyment that eluded us. As an after thought our favorite animal encounter was Stingray Bay, however it's not in the Bahamas, but there is a stingray experience there. We never had a dolphin swim, My Bro and his wife did and loved it. ??
Mostly, I’m going for the basketball tournament, and my wonderful wife is indulging me. At present the CDC classifies the Bahamas as a Level 4 health risk, which means Americans shouldn’t travel there even if vaccinated, as my wife and I both have been.

Hopefully, the Bahamas will be able to secure sufficient vaccine doses to substantially vaccinate their 300,000+ residents by November. Paradise Atlantis, where we will likely spend all of our time has relatively rigid health guidelines for staff and guests, and has emphasized that they plan to get all personnel vaccinated as soon as possible.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Which is why UConn is still "the team to beat" (re another thread.)

You can't be the champ 'til you beat the champ. (boxing maxim). Y'all might not be the champ, but you are still THE program. We don't just want to be the champs, we want to develop into "the program" or, at least, "the other program." It will take a long time and I hope we play each other the rest of my life. (hopefully, a couple of decades)

Big crowds on TV help the sport. Our two programs can deliver. That's also why I wish you guys would keep the Vol "rivalry" going.

I wish every season for us was:
One annual Instate small school, like Furman, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina, Wofford etc (they need to play in the big house for the good of the sport in our state)
Clemson (Can't believe that game was cancelled last year)
Conference schedule
UConn
6 more games against the remainder of the previous year's Elite 8 ( assuming SCar & UConn were in that group)
Excellent post. I'm all in for SC vs. UConn every season. This may be the new rivalry that propels wcbb forward.

Reaction Score
Excellent post. I'm all in for SC vs. UConn every season. This may be the new rivalry that propels wcbb forward.
For this coming season: WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE : A Preseason Exhibition game between the SCar and UConn freshmen classes. Add in each team's transfer plus 2 or 3 players from each team that played the fewest minutes last year. Starters for each team can't even dress for the game.

Heck, if we can't do a preseason, Dawn and Genso could agree to those rules for our scheduled game - of course Azzi and Raven could be starters by that time.(not really for Raven, but she could be getting a lot of PT by February).

Reaction Score
For this coming season: WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE : A Preseason Exhibition game between the SCar and UConn freshmen classes. Add in each team's transfer plus 2 or 3 players from each team that played the fewest minutes last year. Starters for each team can't even dress for the game.

Heck, if we can't do a preseason, Dawn and Genso could agree to those rules for our scheduled game - of course Azzi and Raven could be starters by that time.(not really for Raven, but she could be getting a lot of PT by February).
Genso? Is that a typo?

Reaction Score
If memory serves me correctly there was a time when UCONN went to the West Coast they would schedule two games. When they travel to Oregon how about Oregon State, UCLA, Stanford, Gonzaga or Arizona. Or on a secondary level Washington, Washington State, Arizona State, or some other secondary foe who would might want the exposure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom