UConn now vs...... top teams | The Boneyard

UConn now vs...... top teams

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I guess my thinking is different. UConn wasnt playing well when they lost to Baylor and LVille. I dont wanna hear about injuries on other teams and how they wouldve won the games they lost, because just like UConn not playing well theyre excuses. UConn lost to 2 top teams and the teams presently ranked 3,4,5,6 lost to lesser teams not ranked in the top 3. IMO the rankings are Baylor UConn and everybody else unless there are more losses. I will say this. UConn is peaking right now and playing at a different level then they were when they lost their 2 games. It will be a different game facing UConn now on a neutral court then it was facing UConn on their home court earlier in the season. This is exactly why I believe that UConn right now is the team to beat. UConn has improved more then any other top team in WCBB over the past month and they continue to get better. There was alot of talk about not having a big well right now ONO is a force. Maybe not as experienced as we want but she is a force that can change a game. We will see.....

Reaction Score
Well, instead of "peaking" let's say improving. Recent games (after Cincy) have revealed a team playing like a team. Everyone is involved, many bumps have smoothed out, Liv has taken steps toward imposing herself on games, Christyn seems more confident, Lou must feel better about her shot, and 'Pheesa is synonymous with consistency. And, yes, the bench players have ID'd their individual roles and are playing with great energy. Cohesion, coming together as a well-organized unit pursuing a clear plan; that's improvement. It's led not only to decisive wins but to a return of attractive basketball. There's not much chance of the team's getting taller, but if they can make their shots especially from afar they have a good chance of going deep in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Well, instead of "peaking" let's say improving. Recent games (after Cincy) have revealed a team playing like a team. Everyone is involved, many bumps have smoothed out, Liv has taken steps toward imposing herself on games, Christyn seems more confident, Lou must feel better about her shot, and 'Pheesa is synonymous with consistency. And, yes, the bench players have ID'd their individual roles and are playing with great energy. Cohesion, coming together as a well-organized unit pursuing a clear plan; that's improvement. It's led not only to decisive wins but to a return of attractive basketball. There's not much chance of the team's getting taller, but if they can make their shots especially from afar they have a good chance of going deep in the tourney.

I tend to agree with husykd at this point although I am not totally against puffing out our collective chests and partaking in some of Tonyc's bravado!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom