UConn NIL Opportunities? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn NIL Opportunities?

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see if UConn eventually head’s in this direction… a lot of moving pieces.

Reaction Score
BYU just got all of their 123 players tuition paid with a teamwide NIL. I hope Uconn will get this done asap to stay competitive. This is basically a way to work around the scholarship limit. It's going to be wild in the coming years as far as NIL.

Reaction Score
BYU just got all of their 123 players tuition paid with a teamwide NIL. I hope Uconn will get this done asap to stay competitive. This is basically a way to work around the scholarship limit. It's going to be wild in the coming years as far as NIL.

this story will be the exception, not the rule. How many companies do you know out there in CT that will be willing to shell out $50k+ for each and every walk on that’s on the football roster?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Not quite all players getting tuition paid but still wild. All scholarship players are getting $1000. The walk-ons are getting their tuition covered.

"The arrangement -- which is possible due to recent NCAA rule changes that allow college athletes to make money from their names, images and likenesses (NIL) -- was announced during a team meeting this week. All 123 members of the Cougars football program were offered an endorsement deal with protein bar company Built Brands.

Scholarship players can receive $1,000 each for representing the company. The 36 walk-on players on the roster were offered what amounts to privately funded scholarships, although the players will be paid directly and can spend that money in any way they choose, according to associate athletic director Gary Veron."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom