UConn NIL Apparel | The Boneyard

UConn NIL Apparel

Reaction Score
wow, this rules! good for the school and the athletes. the team caricature sweatshirt is a must-buy.

Reaction Score
This is what i have been waiting for… looking forward to helping the players

Reaction Score
Most likely there wont be any Sanogo/Samson/Apostolos gear as they are on student visas and can't make money, disqualifying them from NIL.
008.png

Reaction Score

Anyone feel free to reply. Forgive me if this is dumb question(s), it probably is, but I just want to confirm something and I am not an expert on NIL.

If I or anyone buys UConn apparel from that website does that mean it goes into a pot that all UConn athletes will get some compensation? Or would I have to buy a jersey that actually has the athlete's name on it (i.e. Huskymedic's post at 4:24 PM)?

Reaction Score
Anyone feel free to reply. Forgive me if this is dumb question(s), it probably is, but I just want to confirm something and I am not an expert on NIL.

If I or anyone buys UConn apparel from that website does that mean it goes into a pot that all UConn athletes will get some compensation? Or would I have to buy a jersey that actually has the athlete's name on it (i.e. Huskymedic's post at 4:24 PM)?
Only the stuff that has that player's name on it, and then that specific player will get a cut. Think of it like this: N(ame), I(mage), L(ikeness).

So if something has the name Hawkins (like the shirt/sweatshirt), a picture of Hawkins (like a commercial, doesn't really apply to this situation), or an imitation of Hawkins (the team caricature sweatshirt) then the player will get a cut of that money

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Only the stuff that has that player's name on it, and then that specific player will get a cut. Think of it like this: N(ame), I(mage), L(ikeness).

So if something has the name Hawkins (like the shirt/sweatshirt), a picture of Hawkins (like a commercial, doesn't really apply to this situation), or an imitation of Hawkins (the team caricature sweatshirt) then the player will get a cut of that money
so to be clear, everyone gets a cut from the caricature items?

Reaction Score

Thanks for the quick reply :)Yeah I knew what NIL stood for but I just wasn’t sure if it was that literal or if extended in any way to general apparel like UConn Basketball shirts without a name on it being spread among members of the basketball team lie some of the apparel on that website. I think I saw an article somewhere where athletes want revenue sharing for NIL money, but have not read it yet.

Anyways, I will probably buy a Sanogo shirt and support him. If there are other players I will probably purchase those

Reaction Score
This is incredible. So much better than those NFT's that were being slung at us last year...lol

I'm interested to see what the jerseys look like if they're not Nike. Are they still going to be our current design? Or would they be complete bootleg designs..?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who finds this merch super lame? Who wears hoodless sweatshirts?! And the artwork is a little cheesy. I'd rather give $29 directly to a player.

Reaction Score
I must be dumb, I don't see any of this new stuff
Yeah it took me a minute. You have to click a 2nd link after the twitter link, the banner at the top of the storefront. Not sure why they didn't link directly.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of white shirts in general. i only like full zip hoodies as well. Hoodless sweatshirts are fine though.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Thanks to the 90s , those team caricature shirts will always be a go for me
If they had kid’s sizes, I’d be buying some for my kids. They’ll just have to envy mine for now…

Unrelated, the shirts where it looks like a pair of Air Jordans hanging around one shoulder were a staple in my very limited wardrobe back in the day also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom