UCONN Nike Authentic Jersey!!! (and a free Vintage UConn Starter Jacket) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN Nike Authentic Jersey!!! (and a free Vintage UConn Starter Jacket)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got mine today too. Anyone notice the 4th star is missing for the '14 ship? What's up with that?

Reaction Score
Just got mine today too. Anyone notice the 4th star is missing for the '14 ship? What's up with that?

Update: Found out none of them have it. Don't care though. Just nice to have the authentic option in the first place.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Mr. Muncy. Paging Mr. Muncy.

Last year someone on Twitter pointed out to him that the jerseys the players were wearing only had 3 stars and he said Nike would be updating the graphic soon. Guess they never did.

Reaction Score
Mr. Muncy. Paging Mr. Muncy.

He is who confirmed it. None will have it this year. Honestly, we are lucky to even have an authentic option as he noted back in August they were not going to be made available.

Reaction Score
He is who confirmed it. None will have it this year. Honestly, we are lucky to even have an authentic option as he noted back in August they were not going to be made available.
I contacted Nike a few months ago, they said they were not planning on making authentic elite for UCONN. Maybe enough of us contacted them, I was shocked when I saw them this week. Hopefully they become popular and Nike decides to make a home version as well.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
JUst got mine today, No starter jacket though, even though I ordered immediately.

If you sent proof of purchase to Kyle he is mailing out the starter jackets separately. Said it would probably go out this week

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I contacted Nike a few months ago, they said they were not planning on making authentic elite for UCONN. Maybe enough of us contacted them, I was shocked when I saw them this week. Hopefully they become popular and Nike decides to make a home version as well.
Is this a repercussion of being in the American? I don't get it, in the 2000s UConn always had fresh stuff coming out yearly.

Reaction Score
Is this a repercussion of being in the American? I don't get it, in the 2000s UConn always had fresh stuff coming out yearly.
Probably not enough people were buying them. Even the most loyal uconn fans may only buy 1 every 5 years or so. I now only have 3.
1995 #34 starter
2008 #4 nike
2015 #15 nike

Reaction Score
Probably not enough people were buying them. Even the most loyal uconn fans may only buy 1 every 5 years or so. I now only have 3.
1995 #34 starter
2008 #4 nike
2015 #15 nike

If my understanding is correct, you're on the right track. I believe demand was not high enough at times and they've had a lot of quality control issues in the past, specifically with last year's uniforms themselves.

Reaction Score
Didn't get either one yet but I live in Oklahoma...are the numbers / letters stitched or are they pressed ?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
If you sent proof of purchase to Kyle he is mailing out the starter jackets separately. Said it would probably go out this week
What proof? Purchase email?

Reaction Score
1995 #34 starter
2008 #4 nike
2015 #15 nike
I was one who bought authentic jerseys every year, all the way back to when the Nike jerseys actually had players names stitched on the back, like Allen and Sheffer ones that I used to own.
I sold the majority of my vast collection over the past few years since my MS diagnosis and the related costs associated with being forced to "retire" from my machinist job, in order to raise some funds to help with medical bills.
I still have quite a few remaining, no Shabazz or Kemba's are left, they sold pretty quickly, but screen printed and authentic's are still in my collection, brand new with all retail tagging still attached, and still available for purchase...have not had much luck listing them on Ebay in recent weeks
Not looking to take losses on any NWT jerseys, though, I am not in that bad of shape...yet!!

Reaction Score
Got my Starter jacket today. If not for the new logo I may have guessed that the time-space continuum was broken.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
2north said:
Got my Starter jacket today. If not for the new logo I may have guessed that the time-space continuum was broken.
I received mine a couple of days ago. It is very cool and almost no one would connect the "mistakes".

Reaction Score
Is there anybody that has a white Kemba #15 jersey in a medium or large that they would like to sell or trade. I have an extra blue Kemba large that I bought but really would like to have a white one.

Reaction Score
It's not truly authentic as my brother pointed out there's no AAC patch or Some other patch he mentioned

Reaction Score
It's not truly authentic as my brother pointed out there's no AAC patch or Some other patch he mentioned

It's better than any other option available AND has the aerographic and embroidered letters/numbers. That's authentic enough for me.

Plus all other authentic jerseys offered in the past have never had the conference patch or USA flag. Only the Nike swoosh.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a blue / white #13 Bazz in a Large they want to sell or a white Kemba #15 L? Been looking for several years now and haven't been able to find either. I've seen Kemba's out there but very few if any Bazz's ever.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics