UConn "nickname" question | The Boneyard

UConn "nickname" question

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm being serious. While on Facebook just now, an ad for Fanatics appeared. Everything being offered in the side to side streaming ad was for UConn...hoodies, shirts, etc. and the thing that popped out at me was that everything was UConn Huskies.
My stupid question is what is the official nickname, Huskies, Husky, Huskie or?
While on the BY, I tried to only use Huskies.

Reaction Score
Huskies. First name, Jonathan.
No attack here or @ the OP. Jonathan is not a Huskies as he is a Husky. Huskies is the plural word for more than one Husky aka the team.
No different than if you were talking about a son or daughter, that would be your child. Where as if speaking about more than one they would be called your children.
May all our Husky individuals find success as Huskies as a team this year!
GO HUSKIES !!!

Reaction Score
No attack here or @ the OP. Jonathan is not a Huskies as he is a Husky. Huskies is the plural word for more than one Husky aka the team.
No different than if you were talking about a son or daughter, that would be your child. Where as if speaking about more than one they would be called your children.
GO HUSKIES !!!
I'm sorry, and maybe I missed it which is completely possible, but where in the original post did Centerstream bring up Jonathan?

Reaction Score
GO HUSKIES !!!

Apparently you missed the intended humor in my post.

Reaction Score
Great, now I have to go to the University of Washington website to see how THEIR team does it.
Although WE know who the REAL Huskies are,

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, and maybe I missed it which is completely possible, but where in the original post did Centerstream bring up Jonathan?
Never saw that myself, I addressed JonathanXIV with a reply and included my explanation for Centerstream in the same conversation.
Sorry that bothered you.

Apparently you missed the intended humor in my post.
Yes I did and I apologize. I have a good grasp of comedy but I missed that one. The joke is on me!

Reaction Score
Never saw that myself, I addressed JonathanXIV with a reply and included my explanation for Centerstream in the same conversation.
Sorry that bothered you.

Yes I did and I apologize. I have a good grasp of comedy but I missed that one. The joke is on me!
Didn't really bother me, and sorry if my reply was offensive to you.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1630726063430.png

PvP

Reaction Score
Speaking of nicknames, rather than shortening Ducharme to the cumbersome Caroline Ducharme, why not the obvious "Charmer"?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Speaking of nicknames, rather than shortening Ducharme to the cumbersome Caroline Ducharme, why not the obvious "Charmer"?
Patience, Why not wait until her teammates or coaches give her a nickname and we just adopt tht name, they're new Huskies not new puppies jmo, but thn again I kinda enjoy seeing people debate and come up with names and reasons for those names.

PvP

Reaction Score
And why is that? Do you think "teammates and coaches" came up with "The Sultan of Swat" or "The Splendid Splinter"? Nicknames can and do come from any source.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
And why is that? Do you think "teammates and coaches" came up with "The Sultan of Swat" or "The Splendid Splinter"? Nicknames can and do come from any source.
Those are media driven nicknames

PvP

Reaction Score
Are you saying that those nicknames are inappropriate or that Ruth and Williams should only be known by whatever they were called by their "teammates and coaches"?

I am sure you agree that that would be absurd.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Are you saying that those nicknames are inappropriate or that Ruth and Williams should only be known by whatever they were called by their "teammates and coaches"?

I am sure you agree that that would be absurd.
I'm saying tht they are great nicknames..esp for headlines in the newspapers and for the radio announcers.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I'm saying tht they are great nicknames..esp for headlines in the newspapers and for the radio announcers.
But I'm kinda sure if a player is open looking for a pass from Paige tht they'd probably yell ..PB or just P.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
But I'm kinda sure if a player is open looking for a pass from Paige tht they'd probably yell ..PB or just P.
or ,,, paige!

and 'charmer' ... logically, ducharme would become 'sharmer,' not 'charmer'

PvP

Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite....why is sharmer more logical than charmer for someone named DuCHARMe?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite....why is sharmer more logical than charmer for someone named DuCHARMe?
For me, I really like the elegance of the name 'Caroline Ducharme' and how it sounds. No nickname needed here.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
For me, I really like the elegance of the name 'Caroline Ducharme' and how it sounds. No nickname needed here.
So ....you're a Logophile?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom