UConn newcomers - who will have most immediate impact? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn newcomers - who will have most immediate impact?

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't think he needs to have great dribbling or shooting skills. He needs to have awareness on O and D and he needs to be a relentless rebounder. We are going to have two penetrating guards and Larrier. If all goes according to plan these guys are going to require other teams to shift their D to keep a body in front of them. When Kwintins man bites on the help he needs to get to the hoop for zero footers. This move was patented with Dham and Brimah and given his ups it should give dunks and lay ins because he can sky. On D he needs to not be Enoch and understand how Ollie is dictating the rotation based on the matchups and do his best to stay in front of his man. If he rebounds relentlessly (jumping high helps) then he will stay on the floor. It should also become a way to generate points on the offensive glass.

I feel good about Terry CV AG and JA scoring the vast majority of the points where we don't need another standout offensive player to give us 15 a game. If they play up to expectations we just need blue collar players that fight for rebounds and play stout D.

I think this is a good assessment of KW. Basketball IQ will be the key with him. And his learning curve with our coaches. The issues with Enoch were not athleticism. It was him not knowing where to be or what his teammates were doing on switches. I'd like to see KW on the court tearing down rebounds and putting down "zero footers". Hopefully he will know where to be and when to be there.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Immediate impact should one of the leftovers -- last year's newcomers that never got to show their chops. Expecting it to be Alterique or Larrier, but hoping it's Diarra. As far as longer term potential, I'm thinking Polley, although I'd love to see Kwintin turn that athleticism into productivity.
But realistically as regards Kwintin, I think this is the best quote of the whole damned thread...
On D he needs to not be Enoch

Reaction Score
Anderson. He may only give us 15 minutes a night but he's going to bring us great toughness and energy. Excited for the role he'll play.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Having seen a ton of A Ten games, he's not as talented as Kromah and he's not as good a shooter. He is a 4th guard, who gives us useful depth that we played all last year without, but he's closer to Evans than Kromah as a basketball talent.
How do you compare him to TSam?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom