UConn newcomers - who will have most immediate impact? | The Boneyard

UConn newcomers - who will have most immediate impact?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's nice to see those articles on each new player. But its not clear to me who will have the most immediate impact on next year's team. I'm not expecting it to be one of the freshmen, though. Maybe Cobb if he can carve out minutes and stay on the floor? Any thoughts?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Anderson and Williams. Then either Cobb or onourah

Reaction Score
I'm going Cobb and Anderson. Cobb because he will probably see the most minutes of the newcomers, assuming he can stay on the floor.

Anderson because of his toughness and defense. Will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets in a crowded backcourt but I think he will have a Lasan Kromah-esque impact. Very steady.

Reaction Score
I'm going Cobb and Anderson. Cobb because he will probably see the most minutes of the newcomers, assuming he can stay on the floor.

Anderson because of his toughness and defense. Will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets in a crowded backcourt but I think he will have a Lasan Kromah-esque impact. Very steady.

Having seen a ton of A Ten games, he's not as talented as Kromah and he's not as good a shooter. He is a 4th guard, who gives us useful depth that we played all last year without, but he's closer to Evans than Kromah as a basketball talent.

Reaction Score
Eric Cobb since we really need it out of him. The highlight reel player will be Kwintin Williams. The best player out of that bunch will be Polley.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think anyone saying Williams is completely misreading his profile as a recruit. Immediate impact requires skills more than body in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Having seen a ton of A Ten games, he's not as talented as Kromah and he's not as good a shooter. He is a 4th guard, who gives us useful depth that we played all last year without, but he's closer to Evans than Kromah as a basketball talent.
Evan's averaging double figures in the A10 is laughable ,but I better than most understand hyperbole. Kromah was 2-3
God forbid he ever had to become a primary ball handler.
Actual T-Sam filled that roll.
Anderson is much better than T-Sam and if either or both of our ball handlers is out of the game
I'm confident that this kid will fill the void, what a luxury to have this depth.
He is also unafraid to take that last shot and probably will be on the floor at the end of every game we're we are protecting a lead.
He is not a starter only because we have terrific guards ahead of him.In fact he takes pressure off overplaying Gilbert.
He is good enough to start on half the top teams in the country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cobb and if you count him as a newcomer, Diarra. Anderson would be next on my list, mostly because his defense and ball handling depth should allow Adams and Gilbert to play with higher intensity. We won't fall apart if our pg gets two fouls.

Among the freshmen, I'd look for Carlton to get the most minutes.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
You never know. As usual some will surprise and a few may disappoint. I'd go with Cobb.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Think it will be either Antwoine Anderson or Eric Cobb from the transfer group. Tyler Polley from the freshmen group. Overall, I think Cobb will deliver most immediate impact.

And he just happens to play the most necessary/needed spot in terms of impact. This is good.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for the opposite but trust your judgment...no pun intended

Reaction Score
Evan's averaging double figures in the A10 is laughable ,but I better than most understand hyperbole. Kromah was 2-3
God forbid he ever had to become a primary ball handler.
Actual T-Sam filled that roll.
Anderson is much better than T-Sam and if either or both of our ball handlers is out of the game
I'm confident that this kid will fill the void, what a luxury to have this depth.
He is also unafraid to take that last shot and probably will be on the floor at the end of every game we're we are protecting a lead.
He is not a starter only because we have terrific guards ahead of him.In fact he takes pressure off overplaying Gilbert.
He is good enough to start on half the top teams in the country.
You clearly don't understand hyperbole.

Reaction Score
Hard to choose just 1. Gotta love the fact that we could have so many high-impact newcomers.

Reaction Score
Hard to choose just 1. Gotta love the fact that we could have so many high-impact newcomers.
Not a fact. We could have many high-impact newcomers or they could all be busts. I expect 2 to emerge and that may be all we need for a good season.

Reaction Score
Not a fact. We could have many high-impact newcomers or they could all be busts. I expect 2 to emerge and that may be all we need for a good season.

You must have missed the "could."

Reaction Score
I think anyone saying Williams is completely misreading his profile as a recruit. Immediate impact requires skills more than body in my opinion.

I disagree. I don't think he needs to have great dribbling or shooting skills. He needs to have awareness on O and D and he needs to be a relentless rebounder. We are going to have two penetrating guards and Larrier. If all goes according to plan these guys are going to require other teams to shift their D to keep a body in front of them. When Kwintins man bites on the help he needs to get to the hoop for zero footers. This move was patented with Dham and Brimah and given his ups it should give dunks and lay ins because he can sky. On D he needs to not be Enoch and understand how Ollie is dictating the rotation based on the matchups and do his best to stay in front of his man. If he rebounds relentlessly (jumping high helps) then he will stay on the floor. It should also become a way to generate points on the offensive glass.

I feel good about Terry CV AG and JA scoring the vast majority of the points where we don't need another standout offensive player to give us 15 a game. If they play up to expectations we just need blue collar players that fight for rebounds and play stout D.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No clue. Zero. None. And that pretty much goes for every aspect of this team other than I think they will be hungry Huskies.
Rationality in The Boneyard? We're becoming a Nuns bar!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom