UConn-ND | The Boneyard

UConn-ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this guy also has michigan in the fiesta bowl, so i stopped reading at that point.

and the humaitarian bowl is not the famous idaho potato bowl?? wow.

Reaction Score
Pinstripe Bowl... why not call it what it is, Yankee Bowl. Speaking of that..what were they thinking when they didn't put a dome there? The largest sports market on the planet and you can't afford to put a retractable dome up yet they build one in Toronto? Dallas? Phoenix? Come on! NYC ought to be embarrassed that some yahoo from Texas can put up a state of the art retractable dome but you can't. You don't deserve a bowl game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pinstripe Bowl... why not call it what it is, Yankee Bowl. Speaking of that..what were they thinking when they didn't put a dome there? The largest sports market on the planet and you can't afford to put a retractable dome up yet they build one in Toronto? Dallas? Phoenix? Come on! NYC ought to be embarrassed that some yahoo from Texas can put up a state of the art retractable dome but you can't. You don't deserve a bowl game.
Baseball is an outdoor game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Baseball is an outdoor game.
I think he's referring to the new Meadowlands, and the Jets stadium in Manhattan that was not to be. Would have been nice, but a lot more $$$.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think he's referring to the new Meadowlands, and the Jets stadium in Manhattan that was not to be. Would have been nice, but a lot more $$$.
That was never going to happen. That stadium went more than $1/4 billion over initial construction projections before tehy broke ground. A permanent dome (something the Giants were fully against as they view a large part of their identity as being an elements team) would have been an additional $100 mm. A retractable dome (something Woody Johnson looked into as his west side stadium plan was for a domed stadium) was more than triple the cost of a permanent dome. Johnson was not going to foot the entire bill for the retractable dome and the Giants weren't going to agree to a retractable dome without assurances from the NFL that they would never be forced to close the roof for a Giants home game (the biggest concern was that a playoff home field advantage could be lost if the NFL forced them to close the roof in late December or January).

FWIW, football is also an outdoor game.

Reaction Score
this guy also has michigan in the fiesta bowl, so i stopped reading at that point.

and the humaitarian bowl is not the famous idaho potato bowl?? wow.

The Idaho/blue turf bonanza was renamed; he is right on that point.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The Idaho/blue turf bonanza was renamed; he is right on that point.
Well Famous Idaho Potato Bowl beats Roady's Truck Stop Bowl.... but not by much.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'd go.
PinstripeDec. 30New York, N.Y.3:20 p.m.Big 12 No. 7 vs. Big East No. 4Notre Dame* vs. UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom