UConn-ND at Fenway (2014) | The Boneyard

UConn-ND at Fenway (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm all for playing the elite, national programs wherever, whenever.

You are perceived by the company you keep and if we're going to be playing the likes of Memphis, Temple, etc. regularly we better damn well sure keep schools like Michigan, Tennesse, Virginia on future OOCS and add schools like Notre Dame by any means necessary.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure this was a joke when I opened up the thread.

You absolutely do everything you can to make this happen. Play the big boys whenever you can and there would be something extra cool about it being at Fenway.

UConn vs ND at Fenway? Hell yes.

Reaction Score
Talks are in the early stages, according to sources involved in the discussions. But UConn officials feel the idea has merit and Notre Dame may be willing to shift a home game to Boston.

The article seems written to give the impression that ND is interested, but doesn't actually say that. Sure, Notre Dame "may be" willing to shift a home game from their 80,795 capacity stadium to play at Fenway, which holds 37,000. On the other hand, that would be insane.

This would be awesome for UConn, but I think it's unlikely.

Reaction Score
Probably unlikely. ND is already playing Syracuse in the Meadowlands that year...

Reaction Score
this is very strange given the timing and NDs agreement to play 5 acc teams a year- why uconn and not BC?

Reaction Score
When I saw thread title I was thinking 'Frozen Fenway for hockey. This would be a freaking grand slam for Manuel. And I've got the flag ready to throw at negative nabobs who'll say "why can't they come to the Rent, it's bigger"

Reaction Score
How great would it be to play BCU's biggest rival in their own backyard?! Please let this game happen.

Reaction Score
not sure how the field would align but you could get a ton of temp seating in there along left field to expand the seating.

Reaction Score
this is very strange given the timing and NDs agreement to play 5 acc teams a year- why uconn and not BC?
I was thinking the exact same thing. BC must be livid that we have the possibility of playing in their own backyard... in Fenway Park. It will literally trump their annual series game that year.

Reaction Score
Love the idea of playing in the back yard of the Thunder Chickens. Hate the idea that it would be a Leprechaun home game in the old band box for this reason: This cycle, UConn has @ 23,000 season ticket holders, of which, maybe 18,000 are on the 3 year plan. If Notre Dame controls this game as their home game, UConn fans will have very little access to tickets to this game. I envision UConn getting the customary
5,000 to sell, while having a much higher demand, in the range of 15,000 due to Boston's proximity. This game only benefits Notre Dame's Boston alumni. Much rather see it at the Razor, & I hate the idea of giving a penny to the Krafts.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As a one off, it's a terrific idea. So long as it doesn't reduce the number of home games at the rent.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Having an "away game" with Notre Dame at Fenway is like adding another home game for UConn. Now that's an arrangement that works. Still would leave the Huskies with their regular home slate as planned. Must really bother ND that they were beaten by UConn in South Bend in their only meeting. Andre Dixon "For the Win!!!!!!".

Reaction Score
Love the idea of playing in the back yard of the Thunder Chickens. Hate the idea that it would be a Leprechaun home game in the old band box for this reason: This cycle, UConn has @ 23,000 season ticket holders, of which, maybe 18,000 are on the 3 year plan. If Notre Dame controls this game as their home game, UConn fans will have very little access to tickets to this game. I envision UConn getting the customary
5,000 to sell, while having a much higher demand, in the range of 15,000 due to Boston's proximity. This game only benefits Notre Dame's Boston alumni. Much rather see it at the Razor, & I hate the idea of giving a penny to the Krafts.

Don't understand the anomosity toward Krafts. Were it not for him "playing Hartford" against Massachusetts, UConn probably would have been dead in the water in its effort to go D1. The on-campus stadium concept was dead and it looked bad for the Huskies. The proposed Patriots Stadium (which would have give Uconn a suitable venue) kept the idea alive long enough for the Rentschler Field site to be made available. That bridge was IMO the much needed break to buy UConn planners the time needed to get their act together. Without it we'd be boasting on another win at Maine rather than Maryland.

Reaction Score
I'd personally love to shove it up BC's ass, but Fenway is a terrible venue for the game otherwise. Small, uncomfortable, no parking, etc. This would end up being an ND home game for its Boston area alums and subway alums.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
LMAO that they want UConn instead of BC. It speaks to BC's local appeal and general suckitude.

Reaction Score
. I envision UConn getting the customary

Agree, it would be better, especially for access/tailgating at Gillette. But as far as tickets....StubHub!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Fenway can hold a football field and if it can u are talking about a 39000 seat venue. Great marketing and exposure idea but I am thinking they would want something with a bigger draw

Reaction Score
We meed to boost our OCC schedule, I say go for it, we would have Michigan in 2013, ND in 2014 and Tenn in 2015, those are quality teams.

Reaction Score
UConn folks should not have leaked this until it was done. One lesson we can learn from the acc is to keep plans quiet until a deal is signed. I'm sure Swaford will be working to derail this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom