UConn-NC State, Nov 12 | The Boneyard

UConn-NC State, Nov 12

Reaction Score
Not sure if we knew the date for that one so thank you. I've attended the last two meeting between these teams, which were very memorable for different reasons. Two seasons ago was the Regional Final double OT thriller where Paige played out of her mind down the stretch and Dorka went down with the broken wrist.
Last year, I'm taking pictures and next thing I know, people are ooohing and ahhing and came to a hushed silence as CD laid passed out on the court. She was OK (thankfully) and the team responded well under the circumstances and had a solid win in front of the home crowd.
If I take a road trip down to see this match-up for the third straight year, will have to get some extra sweet Dr Pepper (aka Cheer Wine) and mustardy barbeque along the way. This game should be a good early season pre-Thanksgiving treat for WCBB fans.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Talk about hostile crowds!
Rocky, what in your opinion are the 3 (in order) most hostile arenas that the UConn women have played in the last 20 years? I have an idea of what the first two are. Not sure about the third one. :rolleyes:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Rocky, what in your opinion are the 3 (in order) most hostile arenas that the UConn women have played in the last 20 years? I have an idea of what the first two are. Not sure about the third one. :rolleyes:
I'm not Rocky, but I would say Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Maryland.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I was at the game last November and I thought it was one of our most impressive showings. CD did scare us all at the outset but fortunately that turned out ok.

Azzi with 32; Lou scoreless in the first half and 20 in the second; Nika with the assist record, 15. We owned the paint.

The energy was all with UConn, NC State seemed slow and out of sync.

All after the unforgettable Elite Eight game the previous March, which was one of the most exhausting and nerve wracking games I have ever attended in person. Maybe number one.

NC State could be ok but they have lost their four leading scorers from last season. Still have Rivers, Collins and Baldwin and they did add four incoming recruits rated by Hoopgurlz from 9 to 71. Despite that I think we should be heavy favorites even on the road.

Reaction Score
I was at the game last November and I thought it was one of our most impressive showings. CD did scare us all at the outset but fortunately that turned out ok.

Azzi with 32; Lou scoreless in the first half and 20 in the second; Nika with the assist record, 15. We owned the paint.

The energy was all with UConn, NC State seemed slow and out of sync.

All after the unforgettable Elite Eight game the previous March, which was one of the most exhausting and nerve wracking games I have ever attended in person. Maybe number one.

NC State could be ok but they have lost their four leading scorers from last season. Still have Rivers, Collins and Baldwin and they did add four incoming recruits rated by Hoopgurlz from 9 to 71. Despite that I think we should be heavy favorites even on the road.

Pretty sure Collins used her Covid year. Thought Baldwin did too but I could be wrong on that one

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Just going by what N.C. State has as their roster for 2023-2024 on their website.

Reaction Score
I like Baldwin Rivers and Collins. That’s a solid core. Who else do you think would start for them? Hayes looked promising last year as a big guard.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Probably not, real flyer: Mississippi State?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I take a road trip down to see this match-up for the third straight year, will have to get some extra sweet Dr Pepper (aka Cheer Wine) and mustardy barbeque along the way. This game should be a good early season pre-Thanksgiving treat for WCBB fans.

Not going to hijack this thread, but we dont put mustard in our Barbecue in this state. We are civilized (for the most part)

Anyway should be a great atmosphere... Reynolds seems like a nice cozy environment.

Reaction Score
Not going to hijack this thread, but we dont put mustard in our Barbecue in this state. We are civilized (for the most part)

Anyway should be a great atmosphere... Reynolds seems like a nice cozy environment.
1689868854502.jpeg

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Collins used her Covid year. Thought Baldwin did too but I could be wrong on that one

Baldwin graduated from FSU in 3 years so she had her 4th year plus the covid. She stated when she transferred it would be for 2 years and get a graduate degree.

Collins redshirted at Maryland after transferring from Tennesse, so she too had her covid year in addition to the redshirt year and went to NC State as a grad transfer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom