UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues

Reaction Score
This Spurs team looks brutal offensively in the early goings, I was expecting Bouyea to stand out more

Reaction Score
I don't know how you put a SL team together without a few iso scorers, this Spurs team is gonna be unwatchable

Reaction Score
Are the Spurs on load management bs already? Steph has barely played

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s hilarious hearing the announcers seem so surprised at how good Castle’s handle and decision making is.

Reaction Score
Are the Spurs on load management bs already? Steph has barely played
If you put players on a court in uniform, they will want to win games. but the organization could care less about winning summer league games. They want to see what they have and transition players who may have a NBA future into how the NBA game and skills differ from those in college or Europe.

Reaction Score
I wish Scoot was playing with the Blazers SL team, Brandon Miller was better than him last year and he's playing at least part of the Vegas portion of the Hornets schedule. Hopefully DC isn't playing with garbage guards, as a big in this setting you are often at the mercy of how braindead your guards are.

Reaction Score
Our players are good so expect dominance. I think Newton was made for summer league, loose game, where his handle isn’t an issue. Cam will make shots, castle will fill up stat sheet, and I think Clingan will have fun and look good.

Reaction Score
Nice article on Castle's first game and how he got better as the game went along. I watched some of the first half and he missed his first four or five shots but got acclimated in a hurry.

The Spurs made a great choice. Watch out:

Reaction Score
These games are more about the eye test than stats. He looked like the best player in the game by a wide margin.

This morning I enjoyed checking out the discourse on Draft and Spurs Reddit and this was the consensus. A lot of “his handle looks much better than I expected” and “wow he actually looks like a point guard.” I only caught the third quarter but apparently he got to the rim at will (didn’t finish well) and looked very comfortable running the pick and roll.

caw

Reaction Score
This morning I enjoyed checking out the discourse on Draft and Spurs Reddit and this was the consensus. A lot of “his handle looks much better than I expected” and “wow he actually looks like a point guard.” I only caught the third quarter but apparently he got to the rim at will (didn’t finish well) and looked very comfortable running the pick and roll.

The pick and roll is a lot easier than what UConn runs. He's not a great ISO player because his first step isn't great but PnR shouldn't be a problem against most teams with Castle's handle and ability to make reads, not to mention a lot of the PnRs will be with Wemby and the defense will be keyed on Wemby way more than Castle.

Spurs should be much better next year with their off-season and Wemby entering his second year.

Reaction Score
Cam and Steph not giving up on the t-shirt under the jersey

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom