UConn nation tabs Diana Taurasi as best former Husky to play in the WNBA. Who else filled out the top 10? | The Boneyard

UConn nation tabs Diana Taurasi as best former Husky to play in the WNBA. Who else filled out the top 10?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The usual suspects, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Maya Moore, Breanna Stewart, made up the top four of The Courant's poll for the best former UConn women's basketball players in WNBA history. Who else filled out the top 10, and what were some of the surprises along the way?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Very frustrating for those who don’t subscribe
My apologies Jordy. I always test links after I post them. I don’t knowingly post articles that are behind a paywall. I don’t subscribe to the Courant. I was able to read the entire story. I assumed anyone that accessed the link could also.

Reaction Score
My apologies Jordy. I always test links after I post them. I don’t knowingly post articles that are behind a paywall. I don’t subscribe to the Courant. I was able to read the entire story. I assumed anyone that accessed the link could also.
I didn't subscribe the Courant but I can read the whole article .. don't know why?

Reaction Score
The Courant's website is not available in my country (I imagine it's the same for the whole EU), so I can't get to it either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FYI their list:

1. Dee
  2. Sue
  3. Maya
  4. Stewie
  5. Tina
  6. Swin
  7. Nykesha
  8. Rebecca
  9. Pheesa
  10. Renee
Hayes, Jones and Dolson got honorable mentions.

Honestly, I'd move Maya down to #5 and Stewie and Tina up 1 each. I LOVED Maya. But she only played 8 WNBA seasons. She was MVP once (so was Tina), and has 4 WNBA titles (Tina has none). So if you want to rank them based on WNBA titles, Maya is where she should be. But based on longevity in the W, not to mention Tina is an 8 time all star, has been the scoring champ once (is on track to make it twice), and the rebounding champ 4 times.

IMHO Tina often gets overlooked as a UCONN great or a WNBA great or an all time great. She won numerous gold medals on the junior USA National teams she played. Has 3 Olympic gold medals and World Championship golds. Tina has been a workhorse her entire career, and not only has been on all those winning teams but also has been productive on them as well.

Just my $.02.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very frustrating for those who don’t subscribe
I got the article too, even though I'm not as subscriber, but here is an alternative link and two bonus screenshots:

1630090734281.png

1630090816216.png

There is a lot of interesting breakouts of the results. That is only available if you read it on the current. (For example over half the voters voted for DT in first place but (slightly) more people voted for Sue than Taurasi to be in the top 10.

Reaction Score
FYI their list:

1. Dee
  2. Sue
  3. Maya
  4. Stewie
  5. Tina
  6. Swin
  7. Nykesha
  8. Rebecca
  9. Pheesa
  10. Renee
Hayes, Jones and Dolson got honorable mentions.

Honestly, I'd move Maya down to #5 and Stewie and Tina up 1 each. I LOVED Maya. But she only played 8 WNBA seasons. She was MVP once (so was Tina), and has 4 WNBA titles (Tina has none). So if you want to rank them based on WNBA titles, Maya is where she should be. But based on longevity in the W, not to mention Tina is an 8 time all star, has been the scoring champ once (is on track to make it twice), and the rebounding champ 4 times.

IMHO Tina often gets overlooked as a UCONN great or a WNBA great or an all time great. She won numerous gold medals on the junior USA National teams she played. Has 3 Olympic gold medals and World Championship golds. Tina has been a workhorse her entire career, and not only has been on all those winning teams but also has been productive on them as well.

Just my $.02.
I was going to post these exact words, Tina has been undervalued over the years. I'm still stunned when many in Husky Nation don't put her in the UCONN all time starting 5....like come on!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom