UCONN Michigan state in MSG | The Boneyard

UCONN Michigan state in MSG

Reaction Score
A friend just texted me a clip from the 2014 win against MSU in the elite 8 win in the Elite 8. Watched it twice, and thought to myself, time to go check out the Boneyard! The clip was the Neils G breakaway dunk, immediate time out Michigan State. The NBE needs to know, when it comes to playing games in MSG, Daddy is coming home.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
During the game Packer and Rafferty talked about the home court advantage uconn has had at msg. I believe he said at the time, we had won 60 games there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
“Daddy’s coming home” Is a good t shirt for uconn fans to have at the big east tournament next year. Should piss a lot of people off

Johnny Cash "The Man Comes Around"

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
i still can’t fathom how Gary Harris’s cheap shot To Bazz wasn’t a flagrant 1.

Reaction Score
A friend just texted me a clip from the 2014 win against MSU in the elite 8 win in the Elite 8. Watched it twice, and thought to myself, time to go check out the Boneyard! The clip was the Neils G breakaway dunk, immediate time out Michigan State. The NBE needs to know, when it comes to playing games in MSG, Daddy is coming home.
Great moment. Garden was going nuts. Me and my boys were going equally nuts at my house. God I miss sports.

Reaction Score
Another game to watch us own MSG is absolutely blowing out top ten St. John's in the BET championship back in '99

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Went to that one. Awesome game!

Reaction Score
I was there. At some point during the game they put Rip on the video board and there was a cheer. Then they put (I think) Mateen Cleaves on the board and there was less cheer. They went back to Rip and the place erupted in cheer. Then back to Cleaves and the boos rained down. It went on for a minute or so.

I think Verne Lundquist was laughing about it when they came back on the air.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Still to this day loudest UConn crowd I’ve ever heard. Place was nuts.
Payne thinking he was going to be able to pump the crowd up was laughable.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
This game has 2 very strong memories for me, Number 1 being my favorite called in sports history, " Why didnt he pass the ball? NOLAN WANTS IT ALL!". Number 2 being Michigan stats floor slap in the second half that UConn immediately scored a quick 6 on.

Reaction Score
Due to this thread I rewatched this game today. Crowd was great. Game was actually terrible. Bad shooting, ton of turnovers. Reminded me of Uconn 2016-2017 except we won! We did play great defense. Shabazz did not lat a great game but was still awesome.

Reaction Score
I was there. At some point during the game they put Rip on the video board and there was a cheer. Then they put (I think) Mateen Cleaves on the board and there was less cheer. They went back to Rip and the place erupted in cheer. Then back to Cleaves and the boos rained down. It went on for a minute or so.

That was a great moment. That actually seemed to spark the UConn crowd back into the game. Up to that point. MSU was on a heck of a run and that took our crowd out of it for a little while. After the Rip/Cleeves video board, that got the crowd fired up again. That really was unbelievable how much of a home court advantage we had that day.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
My brother and I Took our families to both games that weekend. My girls still talk about it! UConn home games.

Reaction Score

Yes this was really good. Happened during a few commercial breaks. Had the crowd going nuts. Atmosphere was wild.

Reaction Score
The Napier 3 (my picture) right before the Giffey dunk at the 8 minute mark was awesome - classic Bazz

Reaction Score
This game has 2 very strong memories for me, Number 1 being my favorite called in sports history, " Why didnt he pass the ball? NOLAN WANTS IT ALL!". Number 2 being Michigan stats floor slap in the second half that UConn immediately scored a quick 6 on.
took the train in that weekend after work with only the clothes on my back and no plans on where to stay, bought tickets both days on the street for way more than i should have...turned out to be an incredible weekend and well worth the cost, but that Nolan dunk is the single memory that sticks in my mind years later.

it was the culmination of that entire weekend, and when i could finally let my guard down and know that we were really headed to the final four. all time uconn memory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom