UConn MHOC 2018-19 Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 2018-19 Schedule

Reaction Score
I'm excited for the Quinnipiac game! I've never been to that rink before and looking forward to a weeknight game!

Reaction Score
I'm excited for the Quinnipiac game! I've never been to that rink before and looking forward to a weeknight game!

Great set-up and being early in season “weather-wise” - opportunity for tailgating.

Reaction Score
Have been to several QU-Clarkson games there and two games of the 2014 NCAA women's championship there (both of which Clarkson won). Great place. I have no clue about tailgating though. I would check that well in advance.

Reaction Score
Is there no exhibition at Freitas this season? I know some schools have started to go away from playing Canadian schools.

Reaction Score
Friday, October 12 at Army

Saturday, October 20 at RPI

Wednesday, January 16 vs RPI

There will be a game at Yale

I am assuming there will be a home game against Sacred Heart

If anyone goes to the Army game, just be careful during around campus at night. I got a ticket a few years back from ruining a stop sign that was buried behind a bush and when I tried to take a picture for it to help my case, I was told no pictures as its national security and then they threatened the 4 cars that got pulled over behind not to do that either.

Reaction Score

This is a hit for BU...thought there was a 60/40-70/30 shot he played one more season.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="FDNY99, post: 2808842, member:This is a hit for BU...thought there was a 60/40-70/30 shot he played one more season.[/QUOTE]Good news bonanza!

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="FDNY99, post: 2808842, member:This is a hit for BU...thought there was a 60/40-70/30 shot he played one more season.
Good news bonanza![/QUOTE]
Id heard from a quality source he was no more than 50-50. Definitely a bummer for my guys, but life goes on. Still have a talented roster.

Reaction Score
It's worth noting that this is also a "hit" for college hockey in general. The general consensus is Brady is not NHL-ready right now (he's not) and is the perfect candidate to develop at the collegiate level. It would've been great for the track record of D1 hockey to prove it can develop high-first round picks into NHL-ready stars in a short amount of time. Most think Brady left because Ottawa offered him a spot because their roster is so terrible and they want some good press heading into this year. As of the end of last season, his body was still growing, and his game was VERY raw. He's got loads of talent, but is nowhere near the level of readiness that other top 10 picks in college were at. If he'd stayed a year, continued to work on his game in the NCAA structure of more practice, fewer games and then stepped into the NHL in fall 2019 as an immediate impact player, that'd make the collegiate route that much more appealing for players and NHL teams down the line. Of course, this would be to the benefit of every NCAA program looking to recruit these players, something UConn certainly is targeting itself to be and is on its way to doing so.

Reaction Score
It's worth noting that this is also a "hit" for college hockey in general. The general consensus is Brady is not NHL-ready right now (he's not) and is the perfect candidate to develop at the collegiate level. It would've been great for the track record of D1 hockey to prove it can develop high-first round picks into NHL-ready stars in a short amount of time. Most think Brady left because Ottawa offered him a spot because their roster is so terrible and they want some good press heading into this year. As of the end of last season, his body was still growing, and his game was VERY raw. He's got loads of talent, but is nowhere near the level of readiness that other top 10 picks in college were at. If he'd stayed a year, continued to work on his game in the NCAA structure of more practice, fewer games and then stepped into the NHL in fall 2019 as an immediate impact player, that'd make the collegiate route that much more appealing for players and NHL teams down the line. Of course, this would be to the benefit of every NCAA program looking to recruit these players, something UConn certainly is targeting itself to be and is on its way to doing so.
Quinn Hughes is headed back to Ann Arbor so that may be a redemption for college hockey....

Reaction Score
Quinn Hughes is headed back to Ann Arbor so that may be a redemption for college hockey....
Yeah, definitely a huge win for UM there. Hopefully more top 10 picks take that route rather than bolting too early the first time their pro team offers them a shot. Obviously the Eichels, Hanafins, and Kellers aren't going to stay because they're more than ready to step in to an NHL roster and immediately contribute. But the rising sophomores with borderline readiness like Hughes and Tkachuk hanging around in college would be great for the sport.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The "official" vistor's section for the game @ Yale 12/31 was sold out already (on sale 8 am this morning), I am guessing UCONN took the entire allotment. But plenty of seats available, although standing room is the best choice at Ingalls

Reaction Score
I prefer to sit. Got 2 tickets by the ice in a corner for the UConn@Yale game. Also got tickets for Harvard@Yale; those went very fast.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Also got tickets for Harvard@Yale; those went very fast.

#33 on Harvard's father was a legend in Goodyear and Stowe back in the early-mid 1980's . . .

Reaction Score
I prefer to sit. Got 2 tickets by the ice in a corner for the UConn@Yale game. Also got tickets for Harvard@Yale; those went very fast.
Just got two tickets for center ice! Quinnipiac tickets are on sale the 17th too.

Reaction Score
Just bought mine.

Thanks for the reminder to everyone that posted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom